Navigon to GPS Coordinates?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mac In School, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Since this seems to be the GPS forum these days... :D

Has anyone figured out a way to enter GPS coordinates into Navigon and bookmark them and/or navigate to them?

2. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

Under "Options," there's a "GPS" option, choose "Save position" - that allows you to bookmark your current location (and in most cases it also tells you the address of that current location) and save it under any title you want. For example, if you arrived at your friend's house, you can go to the options, save position, and it'll give you the GPS coordinates, the address, and an option to save it as a destination with any name you want (i.e., "Friend's House").

3. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Currently, no. There is no way to enter a set of coordinates into the application, to navigate to them or even view them on the map.

4. Mac In School thread starter macrumors 65816

5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Your best bet is use google maps to get the address your looking for then punch that in.

6. mickeys, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011

mickeys macrumors newbie

That works out very well if you happen to be going to a place that's also described by a street address, but if you're driving on a highway *by* some geocaching point it's a big fat fail.

I know it's not a major use of Navigon, so it's not making their implement-this line, but it's a bummer.

[EDIT: In 1.8.1, in the More > Coordinates pane, you can now enter in freeform or via input wheels. Very, very nice. Thanks, Navigon.]

7. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

From the main menu, select more, then select coordinates, then select the format you want to use. Oops, didn't notice you already said how.

8. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Yes you can enter GPS coordinates, just make sure you select the proper format and enter accordingly. Also, it may not be able to reference the coordinates to an exact match with a mapped location. But I've used it with good (though not perfect) success. I mainly use it as someone else suggested - to mark a parking spot or other location I want to be able to route back to quickly.

9. greenvomit8 macrumors newbie

greenvomit8

Iphone Contact GPS Coordinate address format

Does anyone how GPS coordinates need to be formatted in iphone contacts Address field in order for it to work in the Navigon Iphone app?