Navigon Upgrades (Not Updates)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sovereign, May 4, 2011.

1. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

If I purchase, say, the Western US map app through itunes for $29.99 and then want to upgrade to the entire US or maybe North America, is the price difference the same as it is shown on itunes for the retail price of the apps or??? Is this even possible, or is it only possible to add maps via some other method? I don't want to be roped into an inferior setup if I want to add more coverage later, but also don't want to buy more than I may ever use up front. Anyone ever upgraded this app?

2. emuyshondt macrumors member

There is no app store or in-app package you can buy to upgrade from one region size to another bigger one. I would just buy the whole US. It is only a $20 difference between a region and the whole country. I bought US and Canada and also Europe because I travel to all those places. A single trip that requires you to rent or otherwise acquire a GPS for use outside your region makes getting the bigger region worthwhile.

Also, if you are at the edge of a region you will also likely regret not getting the whole country.