NAVIZON. How the heck

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Flyingstar, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Flyingstar macrumors newbie

Does one find their position? I can't find any page/link to just get a position fix????

2. dakooga macrumors newbie

For me it works automatically in Wifi mode... once you've got your account in Navizon, enter your details on the main screen. From then on it briefly shows you that login screen and starts finding you.

For me it finds my position in wifi mode within about 5 seconds and it's amazing how close it is...within about 20 meters but you need to be able to see other routers for it to work - install NetStumbler to see what your iphone can see...

I'm in a urban area so there's at least 4-6 routers active here.

~Kooga

3. Flyingstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope! I have tried every possible link,menue, coverage area,join user group, etc. there is no place that just tells me where I am.

4. JoeJITSU macrumors member

I find it useless if your going to use just the wi-fi. It would be great to use while driving.

5. dakooga macrumors newbie

@flyingstar Are you on the website or using the app? It only works using the APP which you have to install to you iPhone...

@JoeJITSU It works using both cell towers and wifi but reports the method that primarily used... mine always says WiFi becuase I guess thats what it uses the most... I'll find out in the hills how good the cellular tower triangulation is..

I haven't tried driving with it as I don't think it supports continuous update...but for walking it's fantastic..

~ kooga

6. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Make sure when you are entering your password on your phone, you are not making the first letter a capital. The phone automatically caps the first letter when you start to enter it.

7. Flyingstar thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the APP installed on my iPhone. I just can't find out where to get MY position???

8. codyr1951 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem! It can't find me anywhere!!!

9. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

The only time it has worked for me was when I was on the move. Maybe it works on triangulation, so sitting still doesn't give it a chance to calculate a true position?

I used it last weekend, and driving down Beach Blvd, it found me 7-8 times I opened it.

10. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I find it works best, when not using Wi-Fi..

It could be coincidence, but it's worked everytime I do a find, when not on a wi-fi network..

11. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

It's definitely an app with potential. I just hope the developer doesn't give up because the 1.1.1 fiasco.