Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Images purporting to depict some of the potential color options heading for Apple's 2024 spring accessory refresh have surfaced on the MacRumors forums, providing an early look at what to expect.

spring-2024-apple-watch-bands.jpg

The information comes from Apple Watch band collector and MacRumors forums member known as "mikedop," who explained that the pictured Sport Loop units originate from China. mikedop's source referred to the colors as "Navy Blue" and "Emerald," although they noted that these names might not be the official titles. Historically, the exact names of Apple's new color options are often lost in translation prior to their release.

Apple reportedly prototypes around twice as many new color options as it actually releases, so it is not yet known if these ones were approved or not. Apple's annual spring refresh of its accessory colors is likely to launch in early March, perhaps alongside a new iPhone 15 color option.

Article Link: 'Navy Blue' and 'Emerald' May Be Heading for Apple's Spring 2024 Accessory Refresh

chesleya

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
As an Apple Watch band tracking obsessive, I feel compelled to point out that I am pretty sure Eddy Cue was wearing the “Navy Blue” band in a photo of him that was printed in Golf Digest a few weeks ago (he owns a golf resort, who knew). Here’s an Apple News+ link. I spent a few minutes looking back at old Sport Loop bands to see what model it was and couldn’t match it to any existing band, so assumed he was wearing a pre-release version of a forthcoming band. Seems I was right!

ApplesAreSweet&Sour

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2018
As an Apple Watch band tracking obsessive, I feel compelled to point out that I am pretty sure Eddy Cue was wearing the “Navy Blue” band in a photo of him that was printed in Golf Digest a few weeks ago (he owns a golf resort, who knew). Here’s an Apple News+ link. I spent a few minutes looking back at old Sport Loop bands to see what model it was and couldn’t match it to any existing band, so assumed he was wearing a pre-release version of a forthcoming band. Seems I was right!
I really like the Navy Blue one.

Not sure if I hate or love the orange accent color though. 🤔

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.

Ed is also a long standing member on Ferrari’s BOD.

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I’m hoping for another color for the 15’s. Not a fan of the washed out palette and another option besides black would be nice.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
I suspect an Apple Watch Ultra 2 Black will also be released.
I think they just didn't have enough time to design or complete the anodization process or whatever process will be used to color it.

dwaltwhit

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
I would buy the navy band today. My only reticence would be the fear of it not being supported on the new watches as I will likely buy a new one when they come out.

Reactions: Archmage

DogGone

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
The faux leather strap that Apple released last year causes a rash on me. Very reproducible so I have had to go back to a previous strap I had.
Has anyone had similar issues?

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Navy blue is always good -- but sport loops are so simple I just buy them third party for $8-12. They're functionally the same.
I love the sport loop and don't mind price tag. To me the braided solo loop and solo loop need to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.