NBA 2009/10 Season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jecapaga, Oct 20, 2009.

1. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I don't think there is a thread for this and if there is delete, mods.

The new season of NBA basketball is upon us and I think it's looking like one of the most exciting seasons ever. Boston with Garnett and Pierce are back. Lebron with Shaq is bound to be interesting. Artest with the Lakers, can they work as a team? I think so.

Laker fan here so I'll go out and say I see a Laker>Cavs or Laker>Boston Finals. Lakers look awfully good so far with Bynum putting down numbers. Spurs also look awfully good.

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Orlando! :eek:

Cleveland, can be dangerous for sure. Additions of Anthony Parker (key player) and Shaq :eek:
    Boston, I hate them. Garnett... lost all respect for the guy.
    Lakers, Kobe might get his 5th ring.

Now, the Raptors :rolleyes: lol... I would love for them to do well this season, we just need to stay healthy.

3. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I am a big Portland Trailblazers fan. While I don't think that they are a mature enough team to make a finals appearance (especially with the talented veteran competition in the Western Conference) I do anticipate that they will appear in the second round of the playoffs if everyone stays healthy.

No matter which team you're a fan of, this is a good year to be a basketball fan!

4. jecapaga thread starter macrumors 601

jecapaga

What's your problem with Garnett?

Portland IS going to be interesting. They make me nervous.

The Clippers should be considerably better with a healthy team and Blake Griffen looks like a beast.

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

A couple of things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCyZB1n6lE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT8qLg2NjnQ

My problem with him is that he went from being what he was in Minnesota, to winning a championship and he changed like that.

There's a difference between having passion for the game, and being a jerk.

Oh... and now he's on "top of the world" because he won a championship with 2 other all-stars.

6. gfish31 macrumors regular

i live in philly, so right now the sixers arent the top of my priorities... however basketball is my favorite sport. I think the Sixers can be pretty good this season... either the same as last year or a few spots up. It's a shame we lost andre miller, but I think we can make up for him. We gave orlando a run for their money in the playoffs last year, so hopefully we can take a step up from there.

the celtics, if they stay healthy, will probably get to the championship. i've always hated them tho, so screw em. I like Lebron, so hopefully him and shaq can get on the same page and do well. Kobe and the lakers will probably do well, but who cares. theyre like the yankees, nobody likes em.

7. jecapaga thread starter macrumors 601

jecapaga

Eh...taunting and such I don't have a problem with. Players do it, sure it can look rude or wrong. What he was in MN was a frustrated player with ownership in no position to win. If I was a MN fan of course I'd hate that he left because now you're truly nothing. No disrespect, just sayin'

The Sixers got Elton Brand and that hasn't so far worked out. EB should've stayed in the Clipper uni. I love the dynamic of Lebron and Shaq..makes for a very interesting season. I'm biased on the Lakers so I don't really see how they are like the Yankees and obviously it's not true that nobody likes them. They are a top draw in every market when they visit on the road.