Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NBA 2K25 Arcade Edition is now available in Apple Arcade on the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Vision Pro, and the latest version of the game offers many new features.

NBA-2K25-Apple-Arcade.jpg

Here's what's new in NBA 2K25 Arcade Edition, according to its App Store description:

• Outdoor streetball courts and indoor courts, complete quests to earn rewards for your MyPLAYER like, shoes, outfits, tattoos, and more!

• Ability to recruit NBA Legends to join your streetball squad and challenge players from across the globe in PvP Ranked Matches via Connection Games! Climb the Game Center Leaderboard and show the world who's boss!

• An all-new badge system to mold your MyPLAYER into an NBA legend. Explore The Neighborhood and complete quests to earn badge points to enhance offensive and defensive stats!

• Revamped Greatest Mode: relive career-defining moments and unlock a whole new lineup of NBA Superstars throughout the 2024-2025 NBA Season!

• Make sure to log in throughout the year for limited-time quests and unique rewards!

Accessible through the App Store, Apple Arcade is a subscription-based service that provides access to hundreds of games across the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Vision Pro, all free of ads and in-app purchases. The service received its first price increase last year, with U.S. pricing rising from $4.99 to $6.99 per month.

Article Link: NBA 2K25 Now Available on Apple Arcade

Last edited:

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
If the iPhone and iPad is so powerful now, why isn't the full version of 2K on iOS? Is it too difficult and costly to port a game just for the few gamers that would be willing to sync a controller to their iDevice?

abowlby

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
Eastern US
It would be nice to get the Madden equivalent of this on mobile. I’m not a fan of deck building and loot boxes but would love a dynasty mode on the go.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Last time I tried this was 2K 22 and the game progress bugged after a certain point.
the game file was bugged and wouldn't play and your only choice was to erase your progress and restart.
bug seemed to have persisted in the next versions as well so I never played them.

spaxxedout

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2018
At my parents without my Vision Pro. Very curious to see what the port looks like. Even if it’s the 2.5d experience like most other titles, it should be fun.

For what it’s worth, I REALLY wish Apple pursued Kunos to get Assetto Corsa Evo on the Mac. It’s a new engine and probably the ideal time to start the porting process. The platforms need a good racing sim, and that probably would have been it.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I tried REALLY hard to enjoy Apple's content services (Arcade, News+, TV+, Fitness+). I hate them all and stopped paying for them. I hope Apple discontinues them and focuses on more important endeavors that don't involve force-feeding us pablum for the masses.
I use Arcade enough and really enjoy the AppleTV+ content (ex. Slow Horses is fantastic) and we really like Fitness+. News+ isn’t for me as an RSS addict but my non-techie family members use it and like it. The Apple One stuff is really geared towards normal people. That’s basically none of us, lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.