NBA League Pass

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by airomero83, Feb 5, 2014.

1. airomero83 macrumors newbie

Seems like a cool app on the Apple TV but hate local blackout restrictions. Does anyone have the broadband version of this package and are they able to airplay to their Apple TVs when viewing game in Safari? Trying to see if this approach would work leveraging a combination of VPN and Safari Airplay to my big-screen TV.

2. linds15 macrumors 6502a

i use the gametime app. on my iphone or ipad, turn on vpn, start game, stop vpn and airplay it. works wonderfully

3. westrock2000 macrumors 6502a

Just be aware, I was looking into the MLB.tv, and they are starting to use the billing address of the Apple iTunes account so as to counteract people using VPN's.

So I am not saying that NBA is or will be doing this, but I'm saying that the possibility is out there.

4. airomero83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully that doesn't apply to the iOS app and just the MLB TV app. I used to do something similar for MLB where I had a jailbroken iPad and spoofed location to see local games. I will try this VPN alternative for Gametime and hopefully works for upcoming MLB season as well. Is there a particular one you use for this to work?