NBA problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by NisimElmaliach, May 19, 2011.

1. NisimElmaliach macrumors newbie

hey guys
    i downloaded nba2k11 for mac
    and i have a really good new macbookpro core i7 2.66
    the thing is it looks really good but works real slow..
    can it be that its for windows and steel works on my mac or what can be the problem?

p.s.
    it was a zip and when i unzipped it there was one file. no installation just one file that runs the game

2. simsaladimbamba

Where have you downloaded it from?
    Why not play the Windows version via Boot Camp?

3. NisimElmaliach thread starter macrumors newbie

i wish i knew how to do it
    i downloaded it via "thepiratebay"

can u explain?
    and what other good high res games are there for my mac?

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

If you're running it in OS X, then you have the mac version, as the Windows program wouldn't excecute in OS X.

Beyond that, it's my personal belief that if you are pirating games, you can't complain about performance.

5. NisimElmaliach thread starter macrumors newbie

OK dude thats not what i asked..
    can u tell me where to find a good version?

and plz recommend other games?

6. simsaladimbamba

Go to a store, buy the game + Windows (if you haven't already), then install Windows via Boot Camp Assistant (there is a guide somewhere on this world wild wet, maybe you can find it somehow), then install the game and play it.

And here is the problem, as TPB is not an official source, who knows what ***** you downloaded.
    Btw:

I don't know, as I don't game, but here is a link to some very strange thread about frames per second games: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1130042

If you cared to read the FAQing & Rules, you would know, that we will not help you here with warez, but you could go to an electronics store with a gaming section for that..
    And if you can't find a proper version yourself via other means, maybe it means you shouldn't be doing it anyway, maybe you install some other ***** with it.

As for other games, ah, I can't be bothered anymore. I am not your search slave.

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Best Buy

8. NisimElmaliach thread starter macrumors newbie

yo dudes relax im not from the us and i dont have best buy here.
    i dont want any windows on my mac

when someone said "who knows what u downloaded"
    can that heart my mac?!?

9. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Ok then, you can probably get a good copy in whatever the popular game store is in your corner of the globe.

In general, if you are downloading programs from anywhere other than an authorized source (and pirate bay in this case certainly is not an authorized source), you run the risk of downloading something that might not be what it is advertised.

So could you have downloaded something that could have hurt your computer? Potentially.

10. simsaladimbamba

So what, does your country not have some kind of store for games (some countries don't) or can't you use online stores or eBay?

If you want to play Windows games without much fiddling, there is no way around it, unless you invest into game consoles.

Yup, you could install a trojan or some other malware, from such "un-reputable" sources.
    Mac Virus/Malware Info by GGJstudios
    There are currently no viruses for Mac OS X in public circulation, only a handful of trojans and other malware, which have to be installed manually via entering the administrator password.
    The only anti-virus you need to protect your Mac is education and common sense.

11. NisimElmaliach thread starter macrumors newbie

yo **** u all i needed is some help and i dont know much about macs im new at that! im sure u all download **** and act holy
    im just trying to enjoy my mac and if you bitchs didnt wanna know that i ****ing downloaded it and its not allowd why the **** whould u ask?!

12. simsaladimbamba

Because there are faqing official sources to download games from, for instance Steam. But as I don't know many games or their distributors, I just asked to get more information.
    Anyway, as you don't really do much to get help, you wouldn't care to take a look at the following links to learn more about, ah *****, I don't ****ing care.

Shi*t*e is censored now? Scheiße.

13. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Nope. I don't pirate software.

14. NisimElmaliach thread starter macrumors newbie

what are the offcial sorses!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

15. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Seeing that you have given us absolutely no clue about where you are located (except outside the US), it's really tough to say. If you have a games/electronics store in your area, that would be a place to start.

You could also try here: http://2ksports.com/games/nba2k11/ It's the US website, but you might be able to get it to take you to your home region.