Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjb2016

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2001
5
0
Bedford, UK
Freeview

If you're looking for Scrubs, get a freeview box. Now things may have changed, but I left England at the end of January and Scrubs must have been on at least 4 times a day on basic Freeview. Of course, that doesn't really help to get it on your iPod does it? What do I know, I went to Leeds to study Chinese? :rolleyes:
 

Aaon

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
287
19
Fantastic! This is one of my favorite shows on television. GLad to see it available in itunes!
 

backupdrummer

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
141
0
Chi town
Perfect Timing

I religiously watch this show and fear that they are going ot cancel it after this season. It is easily one of the best on TV.

That said I missed last nights episode so the timing on this a perfect!
 

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
6,891
523
Nice to see this, sadly Scrubs will probably get cancelled based on how NBC has screwed it over.

Also, season passes for South Park, Lost, and Desperate Housewives. I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of season passes. How do you know how many episodes to expect? What happens if the show is cancelled and doesn't finish out the season? What if you've already bought some of the episodes and want the whole season?

I wish apple would give a little more detal on how it works.
 

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
474
0
Salt Lake City
milo said:
Nice to see this, sadly Scrubs will probably get cancelled based on how NBC has screwed it over.

Also, season passes for South Park, Lost, and Desperate Housewives. I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of season passes. How do you know how many episodes to expect? What happens if the show is cancelled and doesn't finish out the season? What if you've already bought some of the episodes and want the whole season?

I wish apple would give a little more detal on how it works.

Amen to that, sir. The season pass idea was great, I could see it one day replacing some people's cable (when enough shows are available), but it seems something is holding it up--no coincidence that Lost and Desperate Housewives are the "early adopters" since they were the first shows available. Kudos to the folks behind South Park for getting with the program early on.

Who's dragging their feet with the season pass? For me, to buy an entire season at $35 is a good deal, enough to entice me to buy episodes that I wouldn't otherwise consider at $2 a pop.
 

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
6,891
523
boncellis said:
Who's dragging their feet with the season pass? For me, to buy an entire season at $35 is a good deal, enough to entice me to buy episodes that I wouldn't otherwise consider at $2 a pop.

For shows on broadcast TV, I'm still going with buying DVD's instead of downloadable. Quality is better, and itunes doesn't have commentaries and bonus materials. I don't care much about portability.

It's tempting for shows on cable, which I don't have. Or a show like Alias, I was watching on DVD and didn't catch up until the middle of this season. If itunes had Alias, I'd likely buy all the shows so far this season so I could be caught up and watch the rest of the season in real time.
 

boncellis

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2006
474
0
Salt Lake City
milo said:
For shows on broadcast TV, I'm still going with buying DVD's instead of downloadable. Quality is better, and itunes doesn't have commentaries and bonus materials. I don't care much about portability.

It's tempting for shows on cable, which I don't have. Or a show like Alias, I was watching on DVD and didn't catch up until the middle of this season. If itunes had Alias, I'd likely buy all the shows so far this season so I could be caught up and watch the rest of the season in real time.

I think you and I might be the only people in this entire forum who don't have cable.

You're right about the portability, I'm not really interested in that aspect of the service either. What I am excited about is a future where I can watch all the TV I want a la carte. Apple took a big step in this direction, but obviously higher resolution shows would have to come to the iTMS eventually.

I have a couple of DVDs of different TV shows, and recently the DVDs are being offered almost immediately (a few months) after the season ends. It's a superior choice, certainly, but I still hope for upgrades to the iTMS so true a la carte TV becomes a reality.
 

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
2,284
39
At first I read that as, "NBC Scrubs iTunes Music Store." Lol. :D

I don't watch it myself, but this is good news!
 

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
6,251
2,576
Western US
backupdrummer said:
I religiously watch this show and fear that they are going ot cancel it after this season. It is easily one of the best on TV.
I thought this show was hilarious the few couple of seasons it was out, but something very terrible has happened to it. There has been zero character development over the years and they have failed to come up with anything new. The jokes are the same ones they have been using for years and are now completely stale. Scrubs is so bad now I cannot even sit through a whole episode, and believe me, I've tried. I removed the Season Pass from my TiVo. IMO this show should have been canceled a year or two ago. It's hard to believe that garbage like this stays on TV in primetime on a major network when a great show like Arrested Development gets axed and can't even find a home on cable.
 

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
3,272
514
Terminus
backupdrummer said:
I religiously watch this show and fear that they are going ot cancel it after this season. It is easily one of the best on TV.

That said I missed last nights episode so the timing on this a perfect!

Unfortunately, last week's episodes were TERRIBLE. And I love this show, too, but I think that they might have been reruns (Carla getting married and pregnant) even though the network said that it was "all new".
 

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
6,891
523
Badandy said:
Unfortunately, last week's episodes were TERRIBLE. And I love this show, too, but I think that they might have been reruns (Carla getting married and pregnant) even though the network said that it was "all new".

They started the season in January with two new episodes each week. About three weeks ago they started running a rerun followed by a new one, interestingly they added a podcast on itunes of cast commentaries to go along with the reruns.

Personally, I thought seasons 3 and 4 were great, just as good as the first two. This season started out OK, but more recent episodes have been less consistent. They've been throwing around the fantasy/flashback bits to every character, which makes the show lose some of its focus.
 

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
3,864
440
Asheville, NC
Badandy said:
Unfortunately, last week's episodes were TERRIBLE. And I love this show, too, but I think that they might have been reruns (Carla getting married and pregnant) even though the network said that it was "all new".

That one was new, the one before it was not. And yes I'd agree that the past couple of episodes have been pretty weak, but some of the other episodes this season have been great and made up for it, particularly "My Way Home" and "My Half Acre." It's still my favorite show.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.