Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
excellent, as far as I'm concerned Scrubs is the best show on a major network right now (ignoring HBO & Showtime for arguments sake).

"I'm hoping people will dial the K"

blackfox

Contributor
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Screw Scrubs!...where the hell is Greys Anatomy?!

umm, sorry...had to vent.<deep breath>

More selection is always good.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Shouldn't be that much work. Sure, there's a different network and studio to deal with here but NBC adds shows at the drop-of-a-hat and Touchstone is owned by Disney. Who's that new guy on the Disney board now? ;)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Good-o.

Yet another show that we could possibly download when we finally get TV shows on iTunes.

leenoble

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2003
now I really want TV downloads to come to the UK. At the moment the only Scrubs fix I can get is on ABC1 where they just show the first series over and over and over and over and over. I swear it's on like twice a month. And I missed lots of episodes when it was on Channel 4.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
Chundles said:
Good-o.

Yet another show that we could possibly download when we finally get TV shows on iTunes.

Just what I was gonna say. :)

kerpow

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2004
London
Excellent news. This is probably the first show that I would consider downloading through iTunes. Everything else is run of the mill trashy American sitcoms.

Boingy

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2006
Gymnut said:
Great, now when's Fox gonna join the party?:confused:

Yea then I can get the Simpsons... but would we be willing to pay $1.99 when you can download the torrent for free and with better quality? Let's be honest. Better quality is a must in the long run, esp. if the iPod AV becomes a reality.

~V

Trowaman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2003
CD: TX-14
kerpow said:
Excellent news. This is probably the first show that I would consider downloading through iTunes. Everything else is run of the mill trashy American sitcoms.

WHAAAAA?????

Battlestar Galactica
The Office, based on a Brittish show? Un-American sitcome? ;)
The Daily Show

Scrubs would be a good one to add tot his list though. I also look forward to My Name is Earl, Justice League and other DC tv shows, and some animated stuff from FOX.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
kerpow said:

Are they only up to season 3 over in the UK? Scrubs is so far gone, all they need is a cheesy laugh track. It's pure crap now.

Some_Big_Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
New York, NY
Absolutely. I've already DLed every episode to take with me when I travel.. It's the kind of show you can watch over and over again, like the first 9 or 10 seasons of the simpsons.. I'd even buy a couple if they included something extra. Soundtracks for each season are really exceptional too.

"That's C-A-L-L-T-U-R" :)

dornoforpyros said:
excellent, as far as I'm concerned Scrubs is the best show on a major network right now (ignoring HBO & Showtime for arguments sake).

"I'm hoping people will dial the K"

Some_Big_Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
New York, NY
You're going to get modded dead, and so will I for that matter, if you talk about torrents here. Unfortunately, them's seems to be the rules.

But yes, I BT simpsons and scrubs too and reformat to what I need, i.e. 12" powerbook, ipod, treo, etc.

Boingy said:
Yea then I can get the Simpsons... but would we be willing to pay $1.99 when you can download the torrent for free and with better quality? Let's be honest. Better quality is a must in the long run, esp. if the iPod AV becomes a reality.

~V

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
blackfox said:
Screw Scrubs!...where the hell is Greys Anatomy?!

umm, sorry...had to vent.<deep breath>

More selection is always good.

Screw Greys Anatomy.........the other networks ripoff of Scrubs/ER rolled into 1 show. :)

Some_Big_Spoon

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
New York, NY
Episode before last of scrubs they made a ref to grey's anatomy saying "it's like they saw our lives and put it on tv" :) I laughed at that. I tried grey's anatomy once for half an episode.. not my thing... whereas scrubs, well, the neatly catagorized AVI files on my external speak volumes :-D

Jovian9 said:
Screw Greys Anatomy.........the other networks ripoff of Scrubs/ER rolled into 1 show. :)

dickrichie

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2002
Anyone watch Munk?

Same deal. Made by touchtone and one an NBC network. I want Scrubs to be on itunes more than just about anyone but its not a tough contract to negotiate. Im worried this may just be a rumor. While we are dreaming heres what else Id like...

Scrubs, Cheers, Ed, Seinfeld... heres for hoping.

balamw

Aug 16, 2005
New England
dickrichie said:
Same deal. Made by touchtone and one an NBC network. I want Scrubs to be on itunes more than just about anyone but its not a tough contract to negotiate. Im worried this may just be a rumor. While we are dreaming heres what else Id like...

Scrubs, Cheers, Ed, Seinfeld... heres for hoping.
You mean Monk?

Monk's different. http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/theshow/faq/faq.html and is already on iTMS

Monk is a USA Network Original Series produced by NBC Universal Television Studio in association with Mandeville Films and Touchstone Television. ABC previously acquired secondary broadcast rights to Monk and reran episodes following their original airing on USA Network. The arrangement marked the first time that a broadcast network reran episodes of an original cable series.

B

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
Gymnut said:
Great, now when's Fox gonna join the party?:confused:

fox's president peter ligouri[sp] stated that he didn't want to jump on the download game yet. that new media like itunes was a marathon and not a sprint and he wasn't sure how it was going to play out.

translated: my parent company news corp is working on their own inferior, WMV based delivery method. when it fails i'll come crawling back to apple.

seriously who cares if it's a marathon or a sprint. you've got nothing, repeat nothing to lose by offering shows on itunes. cost of encoding, meta data entry and upload is negligible. they're just being greedy and want the whole amount.

john159

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2005
dashiel said:
fox's president peter ligouri[sp] stated that he didn't want to jump on the download game yet. that new media like itunes was a marathon and not a sprint and he wasn't sure how it was going to play out.

translated: my parent company news corp is working on their own inferior, WMV based delivery method. when it fails i'll come crawling back to apple.

seriously who cares if it's a marathon or a sprint. you've got nothing, repeat nothing to lose by offering shows on itunes. cost of encoding, meta data entry and upload is negligible. they're just being greedy and want the whole amount.

thankkkkk you... finally yes fox has nothing to loose by joining itunes... no one has anything to loose, its automatic profit pratically... i am trying to see what foxes logic is... besides their own little download idea from their site... fox wake up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.