NBC's Chuck and Journeyman on iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeejeebu, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jeejeebu macrumors regular

I thought no new episodes from NBC would be on iTunes and only what was already available would continue to be until their contract expires. Not that I'm complaining. Chuck, at least, is a great new show and should be on iTunes. I'm just confused. And they are even selling a season pass for $39.99. Doesn't sound like something that is going to stop in a couple of months.

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Maybe that means it isn't going away like we thought it was? I'm not complaining as long as they do this with The Office.

3. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

4. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

NBCs contract expires in.... december I think. They are contractually obligated to provide episodes to iTunes until that time.

I remember there being some early worries that NBC would try to skip out early (since december or whenever the expiry is, is in the middle of a TV season).

Apparently that hasn't happened.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

NBC is under contract until October.They have to put any new shows on iTunes.After October we won't see any new shows.

6. jeejeebu thread starter macrumors regular

I thought that it was reported here that there would be no new episodes, only the current episodes would still be available.

I tried to find the latest episode of Heroes just to see if this was only new shows and could not find it, though.

Also, why would they give the season pass option if the contract expires in a few weeks?

7. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

You can also watch the shows for free online at NBC.com. Journeyman is one of those shows, and I understand that shows such as the Office also will be available this season.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Probably because Chuck isn't going to last a season.

9. lexus macrumors 68000

lexus

What happens if you have a season pass?

10. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Very interesting... no Heroes yet though. If that and The Office show up, I just might delete a certain bookmark I have saved now. :D

11. jeejeebu thread starter macrumors regular

Huh. Could it be that the whole NBC thing actually has to do with who produces the shows, not where the shows air? Because Heroes is produced by NBC Universal while Chuck and Journeyman are not. I know there was some weird contract negotiation between ABC and WB about who owns digital rights, but usually the digital rights belong to the production company.

12. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I had low hopes for Chuck, but I thought it was actually pretty good.

plus, its got jane from firefly in it.

13. 0sX Le0p4rD macrumors member

I noticed this too!

It's such a dissapointment that NBC can get along with iTunes..

I love The Office and Heroes!

14. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Actually chuck is a Warner Brothers show, I guess they licensed it to NBC because they thought the audience at NBC would appreciate it more then if they had it on the CW. But that might explain why it's on iTunes.

Edit: I just looked it up and Chuck (Which I bought a season pass for) is listed as a Warner Brothers show while Jorneyman is a Fox show. So it just must mean that any show that is owned by NBC wont be on iTunes (Heroes Office :() but if it's only licensed its fair game.

15. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Chuck was ok. The girl is smokin'

Journeyman is fantastic. :D

16. Shorties macrumors 6502a

I loved Chuck, lots of laughs and action, they mix it well so that it never gets dull. I haven't checked out Journeyman yet but i definitely will have to, Ive been hearing great stuff about it. (If I buy another season pass my bank account is gonna hate me).

17. jeejeebu thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the only other show on the NBC line up that ends up on iTunes and isn't NBC is My Name is Earl, so I guess that will be the test. (Scrubs, too, but that doesn't premiere for a while.)

I couldn't actually get through Journeyman. The lead was just too grating. But I hear that if you liked him before, the show isn't bad.

18. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I suppose, but I liked that guy in Rome on HBO. I thought that was a great series.

19. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

We'll sell your phone we just let you have our TV shows

Was it me or did Journeyman seem to show quite alot of the iPhone. Initially I thought that it might just be subtle but later on it was blatant.

The show seems to be Quantum Leap meets The Time Travellers Wife. No bad thing and certainly one to watch - NBC can have my money for this one, now if only they would put Heroes up.