NBC's ER is getting depressing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MACDRIVE, May 4, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

It is! Just tonight at the end of the episode one of the doctors got ran over by a truck. I mean it's alright to have a little drama, but ER is always about tragedy and never anything upbeat. Don't get me wrong; I happen to be one of those glass half empty type people that are never irritatingly bubbly, but a little bit of cheer once in awhile is good.

ER needs to have more cheerful romance and less tragedy. I thought 'Sam' was going to hit it off with that cop; or at least that's the way I would've written it. ;)

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

the wedding wasnt cheer enough?!?!?!

that being said, i want to know what happens to ray :(

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Next season is the final one, and rumor has it Goran Visnick and Maura Tierney are leaving at the end of this season. It hasn't been good since Noah Wyle left.

5. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Getting depressing? I bailed on ER about 5 years ago b/c every episode was such a tear-jerker. It's what they do well, no doubt.

6. janey macrumors 603

janey

i HATED noah wyle. He was good, but in the end the storyline about him got immensely annoying to the point that I'd fast forward all the parts about him and Kem. I was sorta glad he left :rolleyes:

But er, how do you know next season is the last? :confused:

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Does ER have any original cast left? This is like the forth cycle of new cast. It lost its spark 4 years ago, Time for it to end, they are just beating a dead corpse at this point with plot. There are only so many ways to help a gun shot victim that fell off a bus.:rolleyes:

8. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

I've been dipping in and out of ER. I've just managed to see the episode where Forrest Whittaker's character kills himself. Now..I know absolutely nothing about that storyline!

9. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I've never been an ER fan. My wife and daughter devour it along with Grey's Anatomy and House. Imo, it has always tried too hard for the ironic and tragic, i.e. unnaturally so and thus, pseudo-realistic.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

11. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I have asked that question myself a few times. Yep, there it is. At one point, it was a cool show, but that was years ago. When they killed off Doctor Ramano, that was pretty much it for me. I'll still tune in from time to time, but I find that all I enjoy is watching Parminder Nagra and Linda Cardellini.:D

I think the only original cast member left is that guy who plays the hospital big cheese. Older fellow, was probably the only doctor that Ramano wouldn't sass. He's only in an occasional episode.

12. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

13. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

I stopped watching when they killed off Romano, but I really think it should've ended with Greene's death. They took what used to be such a fantastic show and turned it into a steaming pile of crap. :(

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I watched a few weeks ago, and saw a great bit of acting. An old man with Alzheimer's lost his middle-aged son, who was supporting him. He had to be told several times why he was at a hospital and why his son wasn't going to pick him up. The saddest part was while his son was dying though. :(

15. janey macrumors 603

janey

The scene where the med student chick kissing Neela in the restroom in the last episode was sorta hawt :D i was hoping to see her making out with Ray instead though, but he had to be a dick (understandably) and got drunk and..got hit by a truck :(

God, I've never laughed as hard as I did watching that episode. Like, the death was tragic, but how it happened and what Carrie did with the money he left to the hospital...:eek: :eek: :eek:

16. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Yeah, the Kem stuff was pretty unbearable, but I still enjoyed Carter.

The rest of the cast, minus Maura & Goran are only under contract for one more season, and Producer John Wells and NBC have said that they will not continue the show once the contracts expire.

17. janey macrumors 603

janey

Dammit!

Well...I'm going to miss them :[

Not that ER hasn't been going on for way longer than it should have, but...

18. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

you mean since Steve Jobs left?.....oh, wait, that was a TNT original movie....:D

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I never watched that movie....I need to though...one of these days.

ER is drama filled since day one. I don't watch it anymore because I never really liked the two lead roles. I must say the British chick is still cute.

Bless

20. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Which British Chick? You mean the very, very hot Parminder Nagra, or another? Dang, I thought I had them all scoped out. :D

I thought Doctor Elizabeth Corday (Actress Alex Kingston) was very attractive. I'd have afternoon tea with her anytime.

21. emmawu macrumors 6502

I miss the ER which had characters actually learning. I miss Carter, Greene, Doug, Corday. This new cast is lukewarm. And it really sucked big time that Ray got run over by a truck. WTF? :(

22. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Yes, the Indian girl is attractive. But I always had a thing for Dr Abby. She has a worn-in, kind face that I find very attractive for some reason. Nice smile. The lesbian on crutches and the doc who played the boyfriend in 'Coming to America' were annoying enough to put me off. Been a while since I watched it, though.