NBP RAM (2GB) does it have...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ::Lisa::, Dec 13, 2007.

1. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

As title. I'm looking for quick help from those that already know this and *I* don't. I want to upgrade my RAM. I have a MBP 17" currently on factory defaut of 2GB. I'd like to upgrade to 4GB, but wondered does it have 2x 1GB's or 1x 2GB to make up the 2GB of RAM I have. Does that make sense? So I know what to buy. In the ideal world I'd like it to have 1x 2GB so all I have to do is buy another 2GB RAM and install to make the 4GB.

Yes I could go look myself but I bet a whole ton of you know this anyway and could tell me quickly without me looking into my RAM to find out myself :eek: :D

Thanks

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Manufacturers almost *always* use the cheaper combination of RAM. They're never going to make it easy on you to just pop in one stick for double-capacity. So yeah--it's 2x1.

3. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Darn it :rolleyes: Thanks everyone for your replies. I'll hve to gt 2x 2GB's then whn I can afford to. Thanks again.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You can buy 1 x 2 Gb now and run it as a 3 Gb configuration just fine - until you can afford to get the second 2 Gb

5. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I guess I'll be doing that. Any recommended RAM brands and clock speeds to advise me on at all. I was looking at the kingfisher branded, RAM I think.