NC & CC black/grey or translucent?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by GrandPhrase, Jul 12, 2013.

?

Do you prefer NC & CC being translucent or black/grey? (Contrast option in settings)

1. Prefer the translucent background.

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Prefer the black/grey background.

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Indifferent.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GrandPhrase macrumors 6502

As we know, as of iOS 7 beta 3, the option "increase contrast (ON)" in settings makes the notification center background black and the control center grey with (OFF) keeping the translucency.

Do you guys prefer the translucent background or the black/grey?

2. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I prefer the solid colors (black/gray). The frosted glass reminds me of Vista and feels cheap. It makes the UI look too busy. I feel the solid colors are much more elegant.

I'm a minority with my preference but the solid colors also match Apple's value of minimalism.

3. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

Translucent for sure. That way no matter what is going on "behind" the nc/cc, they adapt to sort of match. Almost like your phone builds a theme automatically around your background, assuming you're looking at the nc/cc while on the home screen.

4. Appledict macrumors member

Appledict

I prefer black/grey on my iPod touch. I like opaque theme. And the system is getting faster (flawless like iOS 6) when I turn this (increase contrast) setting on. Though, system is fast enough when transparency is on but I just don't like the effects.