Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neurocutie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
I would like to have a way to have the Today/NC info on my lock screen WITHOUT having to first pull it down. I used to do this on my IOS 6 iphone 4s using the jailbreak app Bulletin. It simply displays the NC page on the lock screen when I pressed the power button or Home button. Another app (NC+ I think) put the calendar info on the NC page.

Its just a nuisance to have to pull down the NC/Today page when I want to see that info whenever I light up the iphone screen. Can IntelliScreenX do this? I think generallly IntelliScreenX is major overkill though...

neurocutie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
I think you know that it isnt that it is "a lot of work" to swipe down, but rather it is an additional cognitive step... you have to be thinking "I want to see my calendar, mesgs, etc" now... Whereas one is always grabbing one's phone for lots of different reasons, like checking the time, turning of alarm, reading emails, etc and it is helpful to have a quickie glance at NC info as part of that process WITHOUT having to think about it...

Turn on the device -- immediately see what is important without further action or thought...

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I know, it's so much work to have to swipe your finger on the screen...

Such a shame when a veteran of the forums feels it's necessary to talk to someone coming here for help like this.

To the OP: I'm with you. There's so much wasted space on the lock screen when there's no notifications. Unfortunately jailbreak is the only way. Lockinfo is another alternative you could try. I know the latest version is in beta right now but the developer makes all of his betas public so you can use it so long as you're okay with the beta quirks.

neurocutie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2014
He's using iOS8 isn't he?☺️
yes, on 8.1.2...

and yes, I tried LockInfo 8... it does most of what I want, BUT...
- it is in beta and definitely has bugs
- it currently screws up my Settings>Cellular page
- for some reason, the author still doesn't (yet?) combine the Today view and the Notifications view on the same page, so at least currently, one has to swipe around to see everything... even though there is plenty of screen space left.

still, LockInfo 8 has promise....

thx for the input...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.