NCAA College Hoops '07-'08

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by xsedrinam, Nov 7, 2007.

1. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Who are your picks for the NCAA Final Four in '08? I have to say I'm impressed with Memphis which are loaded with play makers and talent, and the addition of Derrick Rose out of Chicago-land looks very promising.

Attached Files:

2. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

UCLA, North Carolina, Memphis, and Louisville.

The Pac-10 will be by far the best conference in the land. The top six teams will dance. Even perpetual bottom-feeders like Oregon State and Arizona State have a lot of talent this season.

3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

This will be a great year for the Pac-10. Wazzu will have to prove itself, and I am confident they will.

Linky-Rinky

Final Four:
    UCLA
    Memphis
    North Carolina
    Louisville

Washington State will make it to the Elite Eight.

4. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Memphis' first real game, this season against USC. Let's see if they can hold the Mayo.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

6. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

That was one, ugly W. Tough USC defense to their credit, but Memphis threw up bricks all night, shooting 36% from the field, 38% from the line and turns it over 22 times. :mad:

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well Duke is looking pretty good so far, considering how young they are

8. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

USC. All that talent, and yet OJ Mayo keeps taking (and missing) the majority of their shots. His stat line always looks like 6-20 or 6-24 or whatever. They're going to keep losing the close ones until he learns to get his teammates more involved.

9. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Couple of things. I thought Mayo played unselfishly and well. The triangle and two defense USC drew up two hours before game time was very effective against a cold Memphis team.

Calipari said it best. ''I was disappointed in a couple of things at the end of regulation,'' Calipari said. ''We missed a free throw, we tapped it, we don't grab it, then we foul. I got thoroughly outcoached this game, believe me, thoroughly outcoached.'' It's at least good to hear he recognized it, along with some 3800 other Memphis fans. It was a very painful win to watch.

10. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

GO DAWGS!!!!!

I am a Saluki, so I have to vote for Southern... We've gone pretty far in the past, and I don't see a reason we would slow down now. :)

11. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

The Salukis got respect, last year, but this year you'll need to take care of Creighton, Iowa St. and beat Butler on Dec. 28 to turn it in to a good year. Good luck. ;)

12. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

In this particular game, perhaps the other Trojans didn't look for Mayo enough. They can play some really good defense and Floyd, shady as he is on the recruiting trail, actually can coach. This year I sense some chemistry issues with the Trojans, especially in regards to Mayo: if they work through it, the sky's the limit. If not, it could be a disappointing year in South Central.

13. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Very true, and if the Indiana game says anything about our whole season it could be really disappointing :(

But, I remain optimistic! A little thing we like to call Southern Pride! :cool:

14. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

'Nova with a pretty impressive comeback, tonight, against LSU. Offensive boards and following shots will pay off. 68-67.

15. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Maybe interest in College hoops will pick up after the bowls, and I know it's just December, but there was something special behind Memphis' win over Georgetown, today: Calipari's coaching of Douglas-Roberts during the week. Today it showed, and paid off.

And of course, it's always good to see Texas get tumbled. ;)

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I was watching a good game the other night that I meant to post about. Always nice to see Duke lose, and against Pitt no less.

17. xsedrinam thread starter macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Yep, I enjoy it when either Duke or UNC get nipped. Two good games next weekend should be Tenn/Gonzaga and Memphis/Arizona.

18. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i think it's funny when people say things like that. but when you look at the Duke players.......they are usually all white, and not many make it big in the NBA. not the case for UNC....

20. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

No. No. No. No it isn't.

21. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

How about Eddie Sutton coming out of retirement to take over the reins at San Francisco after Jessie Evans gets sent on a leave of absence? Sutton will meet the team in Utah for their road trip...rather bizarre set of circumstances there.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the pic of my Spiders' David Gonzalvez in the first post of this thread. Richmond has had some rough times the last couple of years, but they certainly gave Memphis all they could handle for about 33 minutes in that game.

22. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

ha

UNC for the win!

true true

23. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Final Four?
    It is all filler and delay for the Championship celebration.
    Lets just jump to the conclusion; shall we...

And the winner is.........

just spent sometime today wondering back to MR...been at AVS for awhile wile building my HT.
    Anyway I knew you would have started a thread by now. Looks like fun! Again!:D

Attached Files:

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut