NCAA Football 11

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by nobunaga209, Jul 12, 2010.

1. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Anyone picking it up tonight/tomorrow?? I have a few guys from last season on board to start up an online dynasty on PS3 for kicks and giggles. PM or respond below if you're interested.

2. redraidermacman macrumors regular

was gonna wait, but, im giving in and gonna go get it tonight even though i wont get to play it for long....

3. nobunaga209 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

^^yea I know a lot of folks get it to for the month lull before Madden comes out in August.

4. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

5. redraidermacman macrumors regular

played it for about 4 hours since last night.....a lot better game than last years version imho, a lot more like madden as far as fluidity and gameplay experience goes, the games feel and look a lot more like a college game now, no more robot QB and the addition by subtraction of the speed burst is a great idea and implemented well....i like it that a QB doesnt have to have 80 speed to be a good scrambler just has to be agile and have good accel. I tore up one of my buddies playing with washing and Jake Locker....and he only has 72 speed, but ran for 110 yds with him....going to lose a lot of time into this game this year and i havent even started with online dynasty yet....

6. nobunaga209 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

^^bro I couldn't agree more. Not sure what exactly to call it but the physics of the game seem a lot more spot on then prior years. I noticed through a few games yesterday that the D-Line has to actually engage the O-Line blocked rather than run around, sack, rinse repeat from last years version. Much more polished game like what Madden was last year. I like the small tweaks as well; i.e. the WR's/TE's/RB's and QB looking at the sideline for a play when running the no huddle spread.

Now if EA could only upgrade their servers!! Yikes the lag was insane last night trying to start a game. :rolleyes:

7. Mocmoc macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Hi everyone!

How's everyone in here. I just joined this forum, saw some fun discussions.

I hope everybody's doing good!

8. Mocmoc macrumors newbie

Here's New!.........

NCAA Football 11 is out now. I get my rosters from NCAA Football 11 Rosters. Where are you getting yours?

9. nobunaga209 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

^^dude I got mine from a PS3 user named 'buckeye02'. Him and his crew went through and did ALL the school roster names for accuracy, adjusted ratings, updated for transfers, etc. Pretty in depth stuff.

As an aside, I've played about 20 or so matches online and currently sitting with a 10-8 record [didn't count a few matches where opp would quit]; is anyone finding this year's version to be ungodly hard?? When I say 'hard' I'm referring to stopping the run on defense. I generally stick with a plain vanilla 4-3 or 3-3-5 and adjust accordingly at the line of scrimmage for what the offense throws out there. No exotic blitzes or anything cheesy...

I know that EA revamped the running game which made me rejoice as I prefer to play old school style. However they've practically made certain running backs 'unstoppable' and certain plays are automatic which takes the fun out of the mix for me. I was playing a cheeser the other night who ran the same toss play right or left the entire game and was still gaining positive yardage even when I would run commit and use a safety to tackle/contain.

Hopefully they patch this soon because averaging nearly 200 yards per game with an offense [TCU] that's built for the spread is kinda ridiculous.

10. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Just wondering, I'm from the UK, but really into my football (of the American kind...).

I have the demo, but something I can't see is whether you can create a player in NCAA and then draft that player in Madden?

11. nobunaga209 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

^^yep feature still there.

12. macfan881 macrumors 68020

any one geting all the server errors i bought this game last week and I'm getting it every game.

13. nobunaga209 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

They shut down the servers for season showdown until a few weeks ago because they wanted to start it closer to season kickoff. Or so I read. ::shrugs::

For anyone interested however I'm currently running a rec league online dynasty with many slots and decent teams available. You can be whomever you want in whichever conference you want and I schedule head2head games as non-conference [unless you're OU vs. TX, etc.]

Available teams include OU, Florida, Oregon, Nebraska, Florida State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, Iowa, etc.

PM me if you want in and I will send you an invite.