NCSettings' creator needs CDMA iPhones for beta testing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tturner23, Mar 28, 2012.

1. tturner23 macrumors newbie

@JamieD360 (the creator of NCSettings) has been tweeting the last 24 hours that he needs jailbroken CDMA (Verizon) iPhones to help him beta test the new 3G toggle. Unfortunately, he hasn't had much support from his followers so I thought I would try to rally up some support here as well.

I've pulled the details on how you can help from his most recent tweet here:

This is to help me verify 'RAT Values' for CDMA 3G, so i can add a 3G toggle to NCSettings. I appreciate your help.

IMPORTANT: ONLY CDMA users install this!

Step 1: In Cydia, add source: http://cydia.myrepospace.com/JamieD360/ and refresh
    Step 2: Install RATInfo from that source
    Step 3: Go to Settings > Notifications > RATInfo widget > (ON)
    Step 4: Pull down the Notification Center. You'll see an alert. Write down (or screenshot) the values as they appear
    Step 5: Press '3G OFF'.Notification Center will probably 'stick' (bug), just lock/unlock your device
    tep 6: Test to see if you have a working (but slow) data connection on 2G (turn Wi-Fi off, and browse the internet to test), or if you lose reception altogether
    Step 7: IMPORTANT: Open Notification Center and press '3G ON' on the alert
    Step 8: You can now uninstall RATInfo. Tell me the results from steps 4 and 6​

It's easy and painless but as far as I know I am the only one (on a CDMA network) to help out thus far and he wants to test it at least 3 times. If anyone can help I'm sure he'd really appreciate it!

2. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

tturner23, thanks for getting this info out.

I do not have 'Twitter' so if you could relay my findings to the developer, it would be really appreciated. Using iPhone 4S on VZW network, here are my results:

Step 4: kCTRegistrationRATSelection7 (null)

Step 6: data connection working on 2G (very slow as expected); few sites loaded fine on Safari browser (did NOT notice any lost reception)

Hope this helps!

3. Darlo770, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

Darlo770 macrumors member

Hey everyone. I'm JamieD360, developer of NCSettings.

tturner23, thanks for posting this. It should help.

To clarify, this is just a rough little utility i knocked together to collect info i need about 3G on CDMA radios, to enable me to add a proper GSM/CDMA 3G toggle to NCSettings. As i don't have a CDMA device, or live in the US, i can't do this myself.

Great work!

Those results are as expected and fitting with the other results i have so far.

A few more people and i can get a more reliable picture, but more importantly i've verified that setting the radio to 1xRTT (2G) works as expected.

PS: Everybody, don't forget to press '3G ON' again, after you're done.

Thanks!

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Just found this thread. You still need help testing?

5. Dylatron2000 macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

I added the source as it says in the first post but nothing shows up in the repo? :confused: otherwise I would love to help, I have a Verizon CDMA iPhone 4

6. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

I believe the "testing" for the CDMA 3G toggle has concluded.

JamieD already released an update to NCSettings a couple of days ago featuring many changes/new features including a 3G toggle.

I've been using this app since day 1 and I absolutely love it. Much lighter than SBSettings and it blends in with the Notification Center beautifully. Can't say enough about this app. Best part is that it's completely free....but I did make a donation as an appreciation for the developer's time and efforts.