NCSettings Missing Respring?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jason2811, Jul 9, 2012.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Is NCSettings supposed to have a respring toggle option? I downloaded the package but I'm not seeing a toggle to respring? Was it removed? Thanks!

2. Darlo770 macrumors member

No, it's found under the power toggle. Power toggle contains respring, reboot and shutdown.

3. sdainz macrumors newbie

What the really really thanks!!

4. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

I noticed the re-spring makes the screen super dim. As soon as you touch the brightness bar, it returns to normal brightness (even if you don't move the bar).

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

After a respring don't unlock the phone. Just let the screen turn off automatically . Then turn the screen back on and it'll be back to the normal brightness level you had set.

6. stevelam macrumors 65816

seems like ncsettings needs an update to address the buggy brightness issue.

7. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

Good tip, thanks! I'm hoping this will be fixed soon, though. :)

8. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I think the dev of springtomize created a fix. I can't remember for sure but one of the prominent devs created it.

9. fijuu101 macrumors newbie

power button??

Hi. I cant find the power toggle. i found the folder in iFile, but no toggle in settings. Im usind the iPad 2. could it be that the power toggle only appears on iphone

10. iaymnu macrumors 6502

The power toggle looks like a plug. press it once and 3 options appear.

11. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

It's not a bug with nc settings. Springtimize does the same.

12. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Actually, technically speaking NCSettings was updated to fix the brightness issue but only when you use NCSettings to respring. I can't remember which update fixed it but one of the newer versions had a fix. If you use springtomize it will prolly still be dim. Or you can install the brightness fix that was recently added to Cydia. I didn't install it since I just quickly press the lock button while on the lockscreen when its dim and then its back to normal. I couldn't justify installing a tweak to fix it. Plus the cause of this problem was found so my educated guess is that any of your tweaks that respring the device will be updated with the proper method of respringing to avoid the dimmed screen.

13. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Someone posted somewhere that pressing the Sleep button twice during a respring fixes it. It works!