Near future iPad speculation vis-a-vis iPod Touch

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Ok, I don't normally wildly speculate about this kinda stuff. However, I was pondering the rumored smaller iPads and thought that Apple could conceivably rebrand the iPod Touch into a sort of iPad nano. Then they could release the rumored new iPad mini and have the regular iPad for a nice little iOS line up analogous to the iPod line up.

Who knows... I don't really have an opinion on this either way, but I thought I might share the thought with yall.

:apple:

TheBritishBloke

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
United Kingdom
I can't see this happening. The iPod touch has built a name for itself, and a name change would confuse the average Joe and the parents who buy these for their kids every year.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I can't see this happening. The iPod touch has built a name for itself, and a name change would confuse the average Joe and the parents who buy these for their kids every year.
Quite true. I just can't help but think that the symmetry of the situation would be really appealing to Apple....

brianfast

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Most people don't even call the iPod touch by its proper name. They call it "iTouch" :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.