Nearby suggestions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myname70, Sep 30, 2015.

1. myname70 macrumors 6502a

May 5, 2014
    Guys, I had Nearby suggestions appear on the search screen (the left one) on 6S+. 3-4 days it was OK, the Nearby changed based on my location and time of the day, but today they simply disappeared. No Nearby suggestion at all. I restarted the phone - but no Nearbies.
    Any idea what happens ?
  2. myname70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 5, 2014
    Hm. And now appeared News suggestions. (Instead of Nearby)
  3. Zeusus macrumors member

Jun 17, 2012
    Calgary, Canada
    They are only available in the US and China at the time of release. I am in Canada here and noticed that they had appeared yesterday only to disappear today. :(
  4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

Nov 29, 2011
    Boston, MA
    If I recall correctly, suggestion change based one ah thou use. I assume you're using news (and never using the suggestions)? Thisbisnso I understand it anyway.

Edit: Scratch that. I see both. And I never use the nearby :/
  5. Oh-es-Ten macrumors regular

Aug 14, 2007
    Also just noticed this appear in the UK today - had suggestions for breakfast, coffee, petrol stations (this was mid-morning) etc - really quite handy, but then has disappeared since. Really looks ready for launch when I looked at some of the options on it - still needs better POIs (like Google) but looks ready to go IMO.
  6. myname70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 5, 2014
    Obviosuly Apple is preparing to release them for other countries. I am now in Itally and Nerby was here for two days, disappeared this morning, news appeared for half a day and now disappeared as well :)