Neat MS Office feature

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akadmon, Jan 28, 2008.

1. akadmon macrumors 68010

I've used Windows Office for a long time, and one feature which I love is the ability to zoom in and out with a mouse scroll wheel while holding the control key. When I first started using MS Office on a Mac, I found that this only zooms into the bit map image of what is on the screen (this is system wide in OS X), which is not at all what I want (fonts look jagged). Well tonight, while playing with Office 2008 (which I just installed) I tried this with control+option instead of just control, and, what do you know, the zoom in/out works. Fonts scale beautifully, just like I'm used to. I'm so happy :D

Btw, this works in Office 2004 also.

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Thanks for sharing! It's a nice option to have along with the regular ctrl+scroll feature :)

3. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

CONTROL+OPTION does not work in Word. CONTROL+APPLE does. CONTROL+APPLE also works in Excel.

EDIT: You can add PowerPoint to the list also. This is such an incredibly useful feature, I can't believe Apple hasn't implemented it across the board! :confused:

4. lugesm macrumors 6502a

lugesm

Tried it. It is really good.

Now . . . . why couldn't Mac OSX Leopard do that for all apps?

Sadly, you can't change the font size in Quicken/Mac under any conditions. Quicken/Windows does it beautifully.

5. akadmon thread starter macrumors 68010

This is one thing that should make every iWorks user dump iWorks in favor of MS Office. Oops, I did mean to be stir an argument, I really did! ;)