Neat Receipts vs. Iriscan 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aguila-Uno, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Aguila-Uno macrumors newbie

I am looking to purchase one of the above, but I was wondering if anybody has been able to try any of these before? Looks like Neat Receipts is great for receipts and scanning documents. However, it doesn't look like you can export to excel, word etc. Iriscan 2 looks more complete i.e. business card scanning and photo scanning but seems to be less popular than Neat Receipts (not sure why). Any suggestions as to which one is better?
    Thanks
    :apple:

2. motherduce macrumors 6502

bump. I want to know if anyone has pros/cons for either of these as well.

From what I've gathered, it's the software that's key. NR software tops the Iris.

3. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I have Neat Receipts (for PC running under Fusion) and it works really well for my expense reports. I used to export them to a customized Excel format with out company logo and stuff, but I've since switched to a pure PDF export as it is faster and cleaner (fewer steps). That said, I tried the beta NR for Mac about 3 months ago and it sucked. Big time. Not nearly the features of the PC version - it was pretty much useless. When I called NR to ask about how to do some of the basic feaures (like export) in the Mac version, the woman agreed that it really wasn't ready for release. Maybe they've cleaned it up some, but otherwise, stick with the PC version and use Fusion.