Neat stack trick 10.5.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
I have a mini 1.66 2gb ram 10.5

Anyhow hold down the shift key on the keyboard. Doesn't matter left or right key. Both do the same thing.

Keep it pressed with one hand. And with the other had click on any stack in your dock. By fan or grid it doesn't matter. Watch it fan out or grid very slowly.

Normal click on any stack fans out or grids in a tenth of a second. While the shif key is pressed its like slow motion.

At laeast I thought it was cool.

ivnj

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
really!! do you mean it ? :p ofcourse, this a trick that happens with every sort of quartz thingy, in front row it does, in expose, in dashboard. :p

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Try playing a movie in QuickTime, and minimize it whilst holding down the Shift key to see what Quartz can really do.

The other good one is dragging a widget onto dashboard whilst holding down shift.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
This trick also works in all windows. Want a really cool trick? Open Terminal and type "Killall Dock", but don't press enter. Then go to a window, and shift-minimize it. While it's on its way to the dock, press enter in Terminal. Your window will be frozen on it's way to the dock, in a warped state, but still relatively usable. :)

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
This trick also works in all windows. Want a really cool trick? Open Terminal and type "Killall Dock", but don't press enter. Then go to a window, and shift-minimize it. While it's on its way to the dock, press enter in Terminal. Your window will be frozen on it's way to the dock, in a warped state, but still relatively usable. :)
i didn't know that one :p i'm gonna try it !
lol i did it and i'm answering with a window that is blurry and al wierd, but i can't explain it it's really cool

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Doesn't work.

tony710

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus, OH
lol, that's awesome!

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
I can't hit enter after I minimize. One I minimize it I loose the ability to hit enter.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
I can't hit enter after I minimize. One I minimize it I loose the ability to hit enter.
put safari in background and terminal up front, hit shift + minimize on safari without clicking the window and hit enter when you wan it to freeze.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
same thing with holding shift while doing the show desktop thing in tiger. its unbearably slow.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
put safari in background and terminal up front, hit shift + minimize on safari without clicking the window and hit enter when you wan it to freeze.
How do you minimise without clicking the window.

ivnj

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
That has got to be the coolest "trick" I've ever seen :D

andy721

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2007
FL
trick

another cool trick that I found out my own is,
Drag a window any window to any corner or edge and wait a few seconds.:)

PS: Make sure Spaces is enable or it wont work.

Andy

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
another cool trick that I found out my own is,
Drag a window any window to any corner or edge and wait a few seconds.:)

PS: Make sure Spaces is enable or it wont work.

Andy
I knew that one, and i even don't have leoapard.