Neat/strange death-grip speed tests

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dugbug, Jul 16, 2010.

1. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

Posted this in another thread, but maybe others are interested. Note that while I get hangups due to the proximity sensor, I have never been able to get the phone to have no service due to death grips or the death spot so your mileage may vary.

With 4.0.1 4 bars on 3G and no wifi, I ran speed test on my ip4:
    DL: 2.2mbps UL: 1.2mbps

Touching the "death spot" as well as being in a massive death grip, I can squeeze the phone down to one or two bars. Running speed test at a death-gripped two bars gives:
    DL: 3.6mbps UL: 0.1mbps

Running it again (because I could not believe it) gives:
    DL: 3.5mbps UL: 0.2mbps

So I conclude that a death-gripped iphone is superior :p

(I kid of course, but bars do not reflect data rates, so enjoy your iphone).

Anyone else see AT&T 3G DL rates jump by massive amounts by bridging the "death spot"? Strangely, that could come in handy due to the significant speedup

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i have had this as well, thats why im not returning it, i dont care if i have 1 or 2 bars, works perfect for me right now, i get maybe a dropped call once a week

3. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I'm not surprised. When you hold and squeeze anything in a "death grip", it will be suitably frightened and do exactly what you want it to.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

people do realise the death grip isn't about squeezing the crap out your phone right? lol