Necessary for me?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theGAPkid, Jun 7, 2008.

1. theGAPkid macrumors regular

OK :p

With all the hype of a new iPhone Monday, and my lack of self-control, I want a new iPhone (despite me just taking out a new contract lol)

But being the novice I am, what would a new phone offer me over a greatly reduced original iPhone. I would only use WiFi at home and in hotspots, and I wouldnt take out a data plan (I would use my existing 02 sim card)

Other than that, it would be for music, and texting.

Give me your thoughts please :) you reckon I would be better saving a few quid? Should I wait to scour eBay til after monday when theyll be worth less?
    :confused:

2. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Well no one's exactly sure what new features the new iPhone is going to have, so you never know what new features that Apples comes up with that might be useful to you. Just wait until the new iPhone has come out, then decide if you need the extra features. Sometimes, some features may not seem essential, but you can't live without it after you have used it (ex. the two finger scrolling on the mb and mbp. Didn't seem like a big deal before I used it, now I want to beat all the other laptops when I glide my fingers down and nothing happens).

3. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

There's no way to answer you question until we know what the 3G iPhone will actually be like once it's revealed in two and a half days from now. So just hold your horses till then, and if you still need buying advice after that then ask for help then.

4. theGAPkid thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys - Your right. A few more days are nothing

Plus then, hopefully, if I do decide I dont need the extra features, I can find an original iPhone cheaper than they're going for now :p

Not that Im a cheapskate or anything :rolleyes: