NEDERLANDSE 3G Iphone Thread (Dutch)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Europe calling, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

Let's concentrate all new 3G iPhone stuff concerning buying the new 3G iPhone in the Netherlands into one identifiable thread!

I'm not happy with T-mobile being the sole carrier to sell the new iPhone.
    I'm on Vodafone and don't want to switch.
    Will it be unlockable? I guess if it can be used with Vodafone in some other countries it should (technically speaking) be able to run on the dutch Vodafone network.

Are you going to go through the switching hassle to get a worse provider?
    I'll wait until it's unlocked/hacked. :D

2. Cali_Man macrumors member

Will probably switch

Not being Dutch, I don't have a lot of experience with the difference between the carriers in terms of signal/etc (only been here 10 months). I currently have a Vodafone contract that will run out in about 2 more months, but I recently had my phone stolen on vacation and have been thinking about switching anyway with the iPhone coming out (none of Vodafone's current offerings really interest me).

My Vodafone contract is pretty cheap (€22 a month) so I'm considering just paying out the rest of the contract while picking up a new one at T-Mobile unless Vodafone does that reduced termination fee if you've been with that contract long enough.

The way I understood it after a certain period by law you could get the phone unlocked, you would just still be tied to the contract with T-Mobile in this case. Would be nice to know if it will remain exclusive for a while as in the States.