Need 10.6 upgrade...who ships to APOs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by KVB, Nov 23, 2011.

1. KVB macrumors newbie

Hi folks,

I really need to upgrade to 10.7 as I'm starting to find that apps or features in programs require an upgrade to 10.6. I should have done this a while ago, but I'm generally pretty happy with 10.5.8, so I've put it off, I know, my bad... Well I kind of need it now and that is where the problem lies.

I'm deployed and Apple won't ship to an APO address. So my question is this: Is there another *reputable* online store where I can purchase a retail version of 10.6? I've searched and found a couple of places where I could download it, but I don't trust the source.... I guess I could ship to a friend and have them mail it out, but it just sounds wasteful and is my last resort.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Kevin

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Some of the Amazon retailers should ship to APO addresses. I've run into the same problem before where Amazon LLC won't ship it to an APO address but the smaller resellers will.

You could also sign up for ShipItAPO if you really want to; for a small fee they forward APO mail.

3. KVB thread starter macrumors newbie

I read some negative reviews on Amazon... Stuff about folks expecting to get the full disk and only getting program on usb key. Plus the lowest price on Amazon is like 12$ more than what is apple is charging. In general, I don't like Amazon anymore, it's like buying from ebay where you need to look at the reviews and ratings....

Not worth my time....

I 'll check out the shipitAPO, one person mentioned that where I'm at... It may be my only option other than having friend mail it...

Thanks for reply

4. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

First why not 10.7?

Second if you give me your APO, I'll MPS you Snow Leopard it'll be quicker.

5. KVB, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

KVB thread starter macrumors newbie

I do plan on upgrading to 10.7... Both are basically a requirement depending on the software ya have...that said, I need to install 10.6 first and then upgrade to Lion... Personally, I hope it runs as good as Tiger, I've had absolutely zero problems with it and I hope to keep it that way : )

If you want to send a copy out, that would be way cool of you. Thanks in advance!

Kevin Van Bochoven
    380th EAMXS/Dragon AMU
    APO AE 09853

6. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I'll burn a lion DVD so there will be no need for 10.6 and you won't need to download it..

7. KVB thread starter macrumors newbie

Not to question your experience, as I'm pretty sure you know whats up. But when I tried to just straight up purchase 10.7, I swore it said I needed 10.6x.... I might have been dreaming that or something, I'm not not sure where I got that idea from....maybe I"m nuts...

Anyways, thanks again man! I definately owe ya one.

Kevin

8. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Check you PM