Need 10.9 upgrade from 10.8.5

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by tximacusr, Apr 2, 2016.

1. tximacusr macrumors member

Well, a female friend asked me to upgrade her mid-2010 MacBook Pro because she couldn't use the Remote Desktop anymore. I asked her what OS was she using, but she didn't know. She brings me her laptop and see she never did the updates, and the only OS available now on the App Store is El Capitan 10.11.4.

In trying to explain this to her she is adamant that she only wants 10.9 so she can use the Remote Desktop again. Is there at 10.9 available somewhere? Or can you help me convince her to accept the 10.11.4.

She also said if I can't help her she was told by Bust Buy that they can upgrade her to 10.9, for a fee. Any assistance is appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. CoastalOR macrumors 68000

CoastalOR

Her system will support OS 10.9 or up to the latest OS (10.11).

There is no free option to OS 10.9 unless it was previously "purchased" using her Apple ID, a full 10.9 installer from a Mac friend (BTW, the installer certificates expired Feb 14, 2016 so a new download of the full installer or date change may be required), torrent download, or purchase a installer from Amazon or eBay.

Like you said, she could also pay Best Buy. Not what I would pick or trust, but maybe better than a torrent download.