Need 2 New Displays Now. LED/current compatability Q.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jebaloo, May 20, 2007.

1. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

Hey, I really would love a new display or two right this second, but understand that times are changing with display technologies.

My question is, do I just stick it out to my detriment for the new ones to come out, be it next month, or 5 months down the line? eek.

Or... Do I buy one now to keep me going, and then buy a new one when they turn to LED technology? Do you see any probems with doing this? Do you think that an old display will sit right, calibrate right, age right, next to an old display?

Yeah... don't know what to do. Any advice?

p.s I'm ONLY gonna go apple displays, seen all the debates, and understand pretty clearly that apple displays rule (more or less).

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

LED-backlit displays bigger than 15.4" aren't available yet. Didn't apple just upgrade their display a month or so ago?

3. yagran macrumors 6502a

Im waiting on the delivery of a 23" i bought on friday, i thought about waiting, but seriously LED tech on big screens is still a way off, and a price drop from apple doesnt mean new displays soon, it means theres an update lol. I wouldnt waste your time waiting for new technology, if you like whats on offer now then go for it, the screen you buy wont get any less amazing just because theres a new one out. :D

4. Jebaloo thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool... I think I'll at least wait till the event in June though - it would be a real bum if they bought out ones with thinner borders or something and I hadn't waited less than a month. You're right about the display not getting any worse either! They're beautiful displays aren't they. I can't wait!

Thanks for your advice.

5. yagran macrumors 6502a

thts cool. i tried waiting till WWDC, but money burns holes :D