Need 3 main points for research paper on apple culture

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jhawk2, Dec 4, 2011.

1. jhawk2 macrumors member

jhawk2

Hey Guys!

I am currently writing a 6 page research paper on the culture of apple or how mac people are different etc.

I have been racking my brain for the past few days and no matter how hard I try cant seem to find any strong main points. If you guys could give me some ideas on main points I would be greatly indebted to you!

Thank you so much for your help!

2. aCondor macrumors 6502

Are you... serious? Good luck on your paper, if you're having trouble with your three main points it only gets harder. Have you tried thinking? Using your brain? Sitting down away from the computer distractions?

So, three main ideas about Apple culture?

Community: You can discuss the various Apple communities, including this one.
    Technology: Great technology brings people together. Maybe discussing how early adopters of new technology flock to Apple because of...
    Innovation: The real reason why Apple continues to be a successful, consumer-driven company is its focus on innovative and clean product lines.

See? I did that in 30 seconds, and all I had to do was think.

Don't take this post the wrong way, its just gentle chiding. Best of luck to you.

3. jhawk2 thread starter macrumors member

jhawk2

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sorry, I believe I was a bit foggy in describing specifically what I was trying to get across. I have already written out 4 pages worth of material but want to make sure im not completely off topic, shifting about in my material. I normally just have a mental outline but in re-reading my paper the points seemed a bit shifty.
    My current "mental points" are something like:
    1. Apple users have passion
    i.They are passionate about telling
    ii. Apple users are passionate about inovation
    iii. They are passionate about using their machines
    2. Apple users are quirky.
    i. They like things a certain way (i.e. the desk setup thread)
    ii. Like to set unusual trends
    iii. have a unique sense of art etc.
    3. Apple fuels this culture
    i. Apples marketing makes this culture a religion of sorts
    ii. Apples simplicity can challenge the techie but is simple enough for the grandma.
    iii. Apple is a symbol of inovation

Do these points seem viable or easily followed? Thanks again for your thoughts.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You should probably have some content that contrasts these behaviors with those of "non-Apple users." Otherwise you aren't really saying anything specifically about "Apple users" and might as well write a generic characterization of tech fanboy-ism.