Need 6+ wooden case recommendations.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The Robot Cow, Oct 14, 2014.

1. The Robot Cow macrumors 6502

The Robot Cow

I'll be getting a 6+ next month and I'd like to get a wooden case for it but I need some recommendations for one. I've seen the one Grovemade produces and it's pretty cool since it's wood and leather and a bit like a wallet case. I had a Twig case before and I really liked their quality but their 6+ case is due to be out later. Besides these two I don't know of any other wooden cases. Any other wooden cases out there? I wouldn't mind a wood/leather case or a wallet style case either. Thanks!

2. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Miniot makes some nice cases and iPad covers, but they're quite expensive. They have one for the iPhone 6 and are supposed to have a version for the Plus available sometime soon.

3. Willamklk macrumors newbie

wooden case for iphone 6

There are some wooden case for iphone 6 at amazon, you can go to find it.

4. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

EXOvault are taking pre–orders for their iPhone 6 & 6 Plus cases.

5. mhoepfin macrumors regular

Wow these cases are works of art!

6. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

[​IMG]

I own the EXO18 for iPhone 5s (case now for sale if anyone is interested). Currently enjoying Apple’s official (RED)™ Sillicone Case on a white iPhone 6 Plus.

7. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

http://www.twigcase.com

They aren't actually wood cases: they are richlite, 100 sheets of paper, bonded and backed with bamboo with cool etchings. But way way more protective than wood, and won't crack/break etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR9-xMpWaOU

They now make Paperbacks also, http://www.twigcase.com/collections/paperbacks which are just backings, but the same material/engravings. And iPhone 6 cases are in "pre-"order, with a special offer:
    http://www.twigcase.com/products/iphone-6-case-preorder

A couple of decent guys, and no, I have no affiliation with them; but I've enjoyed a series of their cases, and I'm ordering a case for my iPhone 6.

[​IMG]

8. jackwins macrumors regular

9. ViktorVaughn macrumors member

I love the look of wood..just love it!

Thing is though that is not as durable commensurate with the price point usually. My Portenzo for ipad was pretty to look at and use with leather and bamboo, but short falls ended in cracks.
    Which is better that cracks in the iphone but I guess its relative as I dont have 100 to throw around on cases.

10. 4583568 Suspended

EXOvault does not match my tastes, I would go with grovemade.

11. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

Grovemade is always the best option for wooden cases. Skinomi is another good iPhone 6+ wooden case. What I like the most about this case is that it doesn't make iPhone bulky.

It's dark and natural texture skin beautifies the iPhone. And it's strong enough to protect iPhone from scratches and accidental bumps.

[​IMG]

12. ViktorVaughn macrumors member

Subscribing for more examples. Deciding between an good quality skin and a thin wood case

13. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Can't compare the two..... Skin won't offer any real protection. IF you want protection go with the case.

14. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

Slightly off topic but I'm definitely getting that grovemade imac desktop collection soon.

15. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Wow. that Miniot is awesome. Same with the Grovemade one. How does that case go on the phone?