Need a Briefcase for new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Robdmb, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Robdmb macrumors regular

I'm looking for a briefcase for my new macbook pro. I would like something that would provide protection for the macbook as well as have space to carry some files with me for work. Let me know if you have any recommendations.

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

[​IMG]

Well, I have a Pelican hardcase for my MacPro and ACD30. :D:D
    They're so strong, you can check in your Mac and trusts the luggage handlers - we all know how useless they are when it comes to handling fragile goods!! BTW, they completely water proof and once more, they float in water! But they're are like serious cases for serious protection. Comes with a serious price tag too!

So... I assume the ultimate protection for your MBP would be a Pelican Hardcase!! Bottom line mate, is how serious you are? :D

3. Mercellus macrumors regular

I have an Init case that I purchased last year that offers hard protection around the edges (so it's protected from 99% of drops and being dinged up against doorframes, etc) and it didn't cost me a whole lot.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Dude why? :confused:

I'd check out the Swiss made bags. They have a real nice briefcase and they withstand quite a bit of lugging around.

5. MacPil0T macrumors member

Here are some suggestions

I have actually been searching for the same thing. Here are my two favorites:

MacCase V Carbon Briefcase

booq vyper exo m

Note that booq briefcase is designed for using with this hard sleeve that they make, so if you have just the laptop inside there will be some wiggle room but there is a strap to secure it in place.

For the booq hard sleeve I was assuming you have the Late 2008 edition macbook pro correct?

6. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

You might enjoy "lugging around" your machine cause it's a laptop. Mine, however is a desktop (MacPro). It's powerful, heavy and hardly mobile...
    So I'd prefer to check it in.. besides, I have a Pelican case for my MBP15 too! I can drop it off a the boot of the car and the MBP is fine!!

I think SwissMade bags are find for commuting around town and office. I need to move my semi-mobile office between Japan and Europe.. last I looked there's not many people carting their MacPro about, or did I miss something?