Need a car stereo that will connect to my iP4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbjectEvolution, Jun 27, 2010.

1. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I'm sick of burning cd's and carrying around a CD case. I want a car stereo that I can hook my iPhone 4 up to... preferably something that will see my phone via BlueTooth. Any suggestions?

2. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

The iPhone 4 is too new for there to be definite compatibility via a hardware connection for any deck out there... however, any Bluetooth capable stereo will work.

I've always been a fan of Alpine, but every major player in the car stereo market makes Bluetooth enabled decks, take your pick.

3. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

In my car and my wife's we put in sony stereos and they work really well with any iphone, 3GS as well as our new iPhone 4s (that is supposed to be a plural we both gotem) the mic is built in to the stereo and it works really nicely. Amazon is the way to go because BB apparantly does not stock them anymore.

4. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I've been looking at the pioneer avh4200 to go with my iPhone 4

5. AbjectEvolution thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think I want a touch screen interface for my 2003 Dodge Neon. Maybe in the coming years when I can buy a new car I'll look into it, but thanks for the suggestion.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Check http://www.crutchfield.com

My car has a build in aux input for the radio. Most new cars / radios come with that feature. As inexpensive as around $70. Depends what you are looking for. Another option is one that has the iPhone cable support (forgot the exact wording). With those once connected it will allow you to control your iPhone through the stereo interface.

Haven't seen bluetooth support other then calls, but didn't really look for it either. May be upgrading my system as well soon.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

My old Alpine deck has worked with every Apple device with a dock connector since my 40GB 3rd gen iPod. Works okay with my iP4, but does sometimes have issues if the audio stream is interrupted (by a phone call, say). Still, it's a five year old stereo, I'll cut it some slack.

8. Fant macrumors regular

I strongly recommend a stereo with an iPod cable connection. It will not only play back with the best sound quality (line level) but it will charge your iPhone too with just a single connection. Can also use it fir pandora etc. The only drawback I found to the iPod cable is you have to use your stereo controls / interface to pick songs/ playlists ... Can't use the phone interface ...

9. budman1961 macrumors regular

My Ford Synch works well with bluetooth and usb connection!

10. JasonH macrumors member

11. vlug macrumors 6502

Alpine CDE-113BT works perfect with my iPhone 4 it plugs in and connect via bluetooth for hands free. Great Headunit.

12. zedsdead macrumors 68040

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

My iPhone 4 is working great with an old school iPod2Car module on our 2000 Chevy beast as well as a new 2010 Mazda CX9 factory iPod integration...the latter with full playlist support, etc.