Need a case/bag for my 2006 17" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by taco2004, May 17, 2010.

1. taco2004 macrumors member

I have a 17" MBP 2006 model that i need a case/bag for. I am taking a trip soon and need something to carry on the airplane. Right now I am looking at Incase and Booq. Will the current designs work with my Mac? Are there any other makers out there that I should check out? I want a shoulder bag or maybe a messenger bag. :apple:

2. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

3. icanboogie macrumors regular

icanboogie

this following setup of a hardsleeve and a bag works for me (and my classic 17 mbp) pretty excellent. (see this quote from another thread)

4. Gabrielle macrumors newbie

You can check out a few options from Briggs & Riley. They have a pretty decent collection of laptop cases in various styles including briefs, backpacks, and messenger bags.

5. taco2004 thread starter macrumors member

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

My current favorite is the BBP Bags Industries Backpack. If you are traveling something like the Brenthaven ProStyle BP-XF or something from Loop 8 that has the TSA approval might be an option, if you travel frequently I imagine you are quite good at pulling your laptop in and out, if you don't travel frequently then this isn't that large of an issue.

I'm not a large fan of booq.

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I like the incase messenger - such a roomy but handsome looking bag!

8. taco2004 thread starter macrumors member

Just ordered a Custom Timbuk2 Messenger Laptop bag. How long does it take for it to be made and ship?