Need a case like the official apple one

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ert3, Apr 17, 2010.

1. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

i failed to pickup an ipad case when i purchased my ipad and since have been trying to get a decent case from my apple store only to find out they are constantly out of stock on the official apple brand case.

I have reluctantly decided to go to the web for this case and now wonder what my options are.

I am looking for a case that can double as a stand to hold up the phone both in a manor usable for watching movies and so that i can have the keyboard available at an angle when typing wide screen.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Quirky cloak (not out for a few weeks) and macally bookstand (shipping now but nobody has seen one yet) are the closest you will find in my opinion.

Hopefully reviews will come out shortly.

3. jedolley macrumors 68000

There are only a few cases like the Apple case currently available.

The Marware Eco-Vue (discussed here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=892457), is made of an "Eco" leather has similar features to the Apple Case, but also has a band to keep it close and a hand strap.

The Macally BookStand (discussed here:http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=893920). is just starting to become available and some users are expecting to receive theirs in the next few days. It's the closest to resemble the Apple case in regards to how it does the landscape and typing stand.

The Incase Convertible (discussed here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=888720) case is also and option, but I don't know how well the lowest profile is for typing.

Hope this helps

4. ert3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ert3

so far the eco-vue seems to be the colsest to what i want though im not sure if i want to shell out an extra 5 dollars so i can save the earth a bit, but who c=knows that might impress the ladies. anyway more case recomendations go go plz.

5. Sparced macrumors regular

Sparced

After seeing the quality of the official case I'll be getting the Quirky Cloak. Apple's is cheap and nasty, you're lucky to have avoided it.

One benefit that the iPad is delayed to late May in the UK is that I can have them both at the same time now.

6. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

How do you know quirky will be any better quality?

7. ipad123 macrumors newbie

8. Fanatik7 macrumors member

9. jedolley macrumors 68000

Yeah, I didn't mention this case because it doesn't appear to be available yet. If you click on the "Special Order" link on the Provantage site, it lists the average process time to be 21 days.

10. ipad123 macrumors newbie

Yeah... I noticed it is just starting to ship. Most suppliers mention the next shipment to start Wednesday (April 21st). However, the place I bought it from shipped it yesterday (Friday). I have the FedEx tracking number so I'm expecting it mid-week.

If I have some time, I'll post my thoughts on it once I get it.

Forgot to mention: Ordered it from shopblt.com for $22 before shipping

11. jedolley macrumors 68000

Cool! I really wish iLuv would have provided more pics for this case. It's really hard to tell how the "typing" angle is being propped up and if this case folds all the way back.

12. FlashHead macrumors regular

I have the Eco-Vue and I love it. The fact that is was Eco-leather was not a factor in my decision or why I like it. I like the feel of the leather and the functionality of the case. The hand strap is very useful. The hand strap is very useful (it is a little big (loose) if you have small hands - mine are medium/large so I don't have a problem with it at all.) It has a small flap that folds under the iPad to supposedly keep it in place. It was pretty useless until I added a little velcro to it, and now it works fine. The truth is the way you use the case, it would never really be in a position to slip or fall out anyway, but I like the added security. In landscape mode it can have a tendency to slip to flat depending on the surface, but it isn't so bad it's a deal breaker for me.

Those are the only slight negatives to the case, otherwise it's a win in every other way. The functionality, feel and design make this the best case for me.

I'm not associated with the company in way. I struggled to find the best case and researched a lot, and ended up here. I also got the iPad case and hated the feel of thing. It's being returned.