need a case of macbook... which one?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by melissarae, May 3, 2008.

1. melissarae macrumors regular

melissarae

we just purchased a black macbook and looking at getting a case for it. what are your suggestions? this particular macbook will be on the go a lot used for business purposes on the road in a delivery truck basically. we don't want it to get all scratched up or damaged. what's the best way to go? one of those hard shell like cases? or get one of those neoprene sleeves? or should we just get a small briefcase type that can also hold accessories like the ac adapter and what not?

thanks for your help ;o)

2. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I bought a 13" neoprene incase for mine. Then I wished I would of gotten the case with handles. So I bought the 15" incase MBP case.

I now have dual protection.

3. rjflyn macrumors regular

Maybe something like this
    http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1470 or better
    http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1490CC1

Pelican makes hard cases for about anything. I had one for years that bounced around my car, it looked like a mess on the outside but inside it looked like the day it was bought. We also used on for a drug kit when I worked critical care transport. That thing got thrown, tossed, heaved, ran over, dropped off the back of rolling vehicles at speed and the glass ampules in it that often broke if you looked at them wrong survived.

Just make sure if you get one it has at least an inch of padding on all sides.

Rj

4. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

5. melissarae thread starter macrumors regular

melissarae

6. mavherzog macrumors 6502

The only sleeve I ever buy is the ZeroShock case from Shiza. Fits the MacBook great and provides superior protection.

(I've owned no less than six of these. They are required gear for every laptop I buy.)

7. Jeweller macrumors member

Jeweller

Pretty sure I could hang my MB from a tree and beat it like a piñata in my case: http://www.sfbags.com/

Of course I'd never actually test this theory.

8. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

We have skooba bags for our MB and MBP. Used mostly during air travel when I need to go light and compact.

9. melissarae thread starter macrumors regular

melissarae

10. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

no dont get the incase one if you tilt the screen back. It wont allow you to put the screen back more than a 90 degree angle. I have a 13 inch sleeve that came with our oakley bag which i just use...though i would prefer the sleeves sold at the Apple store.

11. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

O RLY?

[​IMG][​IMG]

(Thanks to Bobioden and fuzzielitlpanda for the pictures)

12. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

^^^^

I can see that the screens are tilted but machines are not in a case or sleeve that I can see ?!

13. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

They are both in an Incase Hardshell.

14. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

I can see that now ... thanks .

I might get one of those in the future ...look kinda sweet ( even though I couldn't see it first time round ...guess thats why I like it )

15. melissarae thread starter macrumors regular

melissarae

wow! thanks for posting that... i was a little worried about what the hardcase would look like actually on the macbook, but this clears it up! looks great :D definitely going to go with the incase hardcase!

16. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

You are a day to late. I just sold one in the Marketplace.

17. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

ohh my bad man. I've heard everywhere including in mac life mag. or sumthin that it wont go more that 90 degrees....i would think about gettin it now.

18. jotamurray macrumors member

When i got my blackbook i was given a transparent hard case. It is only good for scratches and it fits in a 13.3 second skin and is not crash-proof.
    The pelicase is an excellent option to protect the computer only when it's packed.
    What I do recommend is the iskin which avoids dust, hair crumbs, etc get into the keyboard.

19. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Mac Life Magazine did a review on it, but that was for the MBP version. I understand that one does not open as far as the one for the Macbook .