iPad Need a confirmation before ipad3 jailbreak

SleekB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2012
I have read mixed things. Successful, unsuccessful, happy, unhappy..

Is the 5.1.1 ipad3 jailbreak legit? will it create any problems?

tweaknmod

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
I have read mixed things. Successful, unsuccessful, happy, unhappy..

Is the 5.1.1 ipad3 jailbreak legit? will it create any problems?
It's fine, had a few little problems at the start (within an hour of release), but they've all be ironed out now.

Go forth, and jailbreak!

Comment

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Jailbroke my iPad 3 32GB on the first try without needing to restore using Absinthe 2.0.1

The Jailbreak itself is running fine, Cydia's servers over the weekend were pretty bogged down though. 1 million people trying to access the same thing will do that.

Comment

SleekB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2012
Jailbroke my iPad 3 32GB on the first try without needing to restore using Absinthe 2.0.1

The Jailbreak itself is running fine, Cydia's servers over the weekend were pretty bogged down though. 1 million people trying to access the same thing will do that.
Awesome!
I'm convinced. Jailbreak is on, tonight. :cool:

Comment

wiredout46

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
i've had several issues with my ipad since jailbreaking it.

however, to be fair to the work that was poured into absinthe, i'm not sure if it's user error or not. this is my first idevice so i'm still new to all of this.

since the day of absinthe's release, i've had to restore my ipad several times now.

the one issue that i had was the animation for the icons coming together stopped half way through, so i'd have icons on the outer edge of the screen and spaced out. also the dock was gone. i can't figure out this one.

the other issues i had were with retinapad not being compatible with the ipad3. i know it's a known issue, i must have missed the warning when i installed it so i can't really say it was a jailbreak issue.

also spite 3.0 threw me into a boot loop.

i had another issue that was resolved by respringing the springboard.

Comment

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
i've had several issues with my ipad since jailbreaking it.

however, to be fair to the work that was poured into absinthe, i'm not sure if it's user error or not. this is my first idevice so i'm still new to all of this.

since the day of absinthe's release, i've had to restore my ipad several times now.

the one issue that i had was the animation for the icons coming together stopped half way through, so i'd have icons on the outer edge of the screen and spaced out. also the dock was gone. i can't figure out this one.

the other issues i had were with retinapad not being compatible with the ipad3. i know it's a known issue, i must have missed the warning when i installed it so i can't really say it was a jailbreak issue.

also spite 3.0 threw me into a boot loop.

i had another issue that was resolved by respringing the springboard.
RetinaPad functionality is enabled by default on the iPad 3, even without a jailbreak.

Spite 3.0 will set you into a boot loop if it is obtained any other way than legitimately purchasing it for 5$

Comment

wiredout46

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
RetinaPad functionality is enabled by default on the iPad 3, even without a jailbreak.

Spite 3.0 will set you into a boot loop if it is obtained any other way than legitimately purchasing it for 5$
interesting. thanks for the explanation. i thought the payments came right before setting up the servers within the app and that the actual spite app was free.

----------

What is Spite 3.0. I searched Cydia but didn't find it.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1376426/

Comment

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
interesting. thanks for the explanation. i thought the payments came right before setting up the servers within the app and that the actual spite app was free.
no problem. Yeah the spite maker has encountered quite a few problems, the only way you are supposed to get it is from some VIP repo that costs 5$ for access, along with the 15$ server spot. But he is getting bashed because he isn't the one who originally coded spire, he simply updated it from the original creator's code, which was released for free on the creator's website for reference. He's basically heavily profiting off of another programmer's code.

Comment

SleekB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2012
Jailbroke the ipad successfully. Took me exactly 5min no more.
Haven't had any problems with the jailbreak yet.
STOKED :D thanks guys!

Any ipad tweaks you recommend besides sbsetting and dashboardx?

Comment

damajUSA

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2012
I have an iPad3 64gb AT&T model and jailbroke it with Absinthe 2.0 with no issues...
Didn't even have to delete settings and content before the jb process.

Comment

SleekB

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2012
I have an iPad3 64gb AT&T model and jailbroke it with Absinthe 2.0 with no issues...
Didn't even have to delete settings and content before the jb process.
I know, I did the jailbreak over all the data I already had on the ipad. didn't even back up anything (well, nothing much to back up :p )

Comment