Need a controller for emulators - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZZ Bottom, Nov 9, 2011.

1. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Hey all. I am trying to run the N64 emulator SixtyForce, which is working fine, but I cannot seem to get an external controller working with it. One common method which seems to be broken since 10.6.7 or so is using Darwiinremote and a wiimote+classic controller. The software works fine and recognizes the remotes, but SixtyForce does not recognize it no matter what I've tried.

So now I am searching for a third party USB controller with at least one analog stick to use in conjunction with SixtyForce. I would like to know of one that is confirmed working with 10.7.2 if possible.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have such a controller... unfortunately for you, Logitech, the makers of the controller, have updated it to one that no longer works in Mac OS X at all - perhaps because Windows and Linux detect it as a generic Xbox controller? Anyway, it's made by Logitech. I don't remember the name of the thing, but it has 2 analog sticks, a hat switch, 6 front buttons, and 4 top buttons. None of the buttons are analog.