Need a copy of leopard finder icon please

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thetonyclifton, Dec 3, 2007.

1. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

changed my finder icon in leopard and have misplaced the original could someone post a download of it or point me in the right direction please I cant find a leopard version.

Thanks

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

That'll teach you. As far as I knew, the Finder icon couldn't be changed automatically so congrats!

I'll need to email it to you as you can't upload files like that on the forum.

David

EDIT: If you don't want to send me your email address, then try looking in /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/ for a file called 'Finder.icns'.

3. lil'homunculus macrumors regular

lil'homunculus

"EDIT: If you don't want to send me your email address, then try looking in /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/ for a file called 'Finder.icns'.[/QUOTE]

Hey while you're at it, where do i find the dashboard icon file. I change the icon in finder but it always reverts back to the original when i reinsert it into the dock. This is the only icon that does this to me. Thanks, vic.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I definitely recommend CandyBar for anyone messing with system icons...its just so much easier...

5. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Not to sure about the dashboard icon.

However, to make your Finder icon changes permanent you have to do the following.

1. Replace the icon with your icon of choice as usual.
    2. Trash a file called "com.apple.dock.iconcache", which can be found by doind a system search as shown in my screenshot.
    3. Your changes should now be permanent.

David

Attached Files:

6. thetonyclifton thread starter macrumors regular

Thats what I did but I cant remember where I put the original, I got sorted anyway, I was getting candybar3 and wanted to put everything back stock....and couldnt find the original finder...but when I hit restore after loading candybar it put the finder back...dont know how but it did.