Need a couple testers for REAL push notification fix

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Relik, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Relik macrumors newbie

I have developed a push notification fix for all "hacktivated" iPhone's. I'm looking for a couple users with a 3G or 3GS to test it. I'm only going to accept 5 testers. There will be a fee for the release fix because it requires the generation of a unique certificate for every iPhone.

Here is the background on how push works.

Every iTunes activated iPhone gets a unique certificate from Apple. This certificate is used to "register" the phone with Apple. The various push fixes that have been released just put someone else's certificate on your phone. It may work for a few minutes, but as soon as someone else in the world uses that same certificate, your phone will no longer get alerts. Some people discovered that you could use a certificate from an iPod touch on your iPhone, but then you can't use push on the iPod!

There can be no universal (free) fix because each iPhone needs a certificate generated and signed by Apple.

..beta info removed..

Also, I'm curious, what does the community think a reasonable fee would be? Keep in mind that there is my time involved in creating every certificate and writing the software.

Update: The fix works on all model iPhones, as I assumed. It will be ready for sale shortly. Continue sending BETA emails and I will update this post when BETA is over.

Update2: Beta is over. The fix is available at http://www.pushfix.info/

Thank you for your help and kind e-mails.

2. lovebeta macrumors newbie

Yes it works!! I received the key and followed his instruction and now my Beejive can receive notifications. I actually don't even need to reinstall Beejive as the previous guides said.

Now I only hope that the key OP sent me is really unique and I won't bump into any collision with other users.

Thanks again!

BTW, I have an 3Gs with pwned 3.1 firmware, if that is relevant.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

wow youre so lucky. i mean your first post here and you struck gold!

4. Relik thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand people are going to be cynical and doubt me because of the previously released useless fixes.

This is applied the same way the released fixes were, but I am able to generate unique keys for everyone. These are not taken off anyone else's device, these are generated directly. I don't need anything from your device.

I need 10-20 people to send me an email so I can send them individual keys/certs and prove that they are unique. After you verify it works, please come back here and reply. You can have any model iPhone, as long as your push notifications do not work right now.

You will see that this is the WORKING solution.

I have also setup a support forum on my site, http://www.pushfix.info/forum.html

5. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

6. lovebeta macrumors newbie

What do you imply?

I realized that my push notification stopped working after I flash the pwned 3.1 firmware so I googled for an solution. I sent an email to op when I saw that he claimed he can generate unique keys. I registered an account today so I can report my result to the community.

EDIT: NVM. I realized that you might be talking about OP not me. lol.

7. Relik thread starter macrumors newbie

I apologize, but I just got the pushfix.info domain yesterday and it appears email is spotty right now. I have received some beta testers email's (THANKS!) and have replied to everyone in my inbox as of now.

8. jmchicago macrumors member

9. luxus macrumors newbie

i wrote u an email..

this push thing drive me nuts :(

a fee would be ok i think..
    depends how rock solid it is :D
    perhaps u can try it with a donation model.. so u have to donate a minimum fee .. but if u want u can donate more then that

10. luxus macrumors newbie

great.. after some minutes i got a mail..
    with the instructions..
    after 2-3 minutes i got my push notifications
    awesome.. finally i can use beejive again..
    after some hours of testing.. no stranger msgs..
    i think its legit..
    the cool thing is now nobody can take me my push notification and it will work for ever.

i already donate him some bucks. thank u so much relik
    good luck with that project..

greetings from germany

11. rickyd macrumors newbie

i got the certificates emailed and installed them.

at first it seemed to work, but then it dropped push notifications. now i don't get any of them.

looks like the same problem we had with the original push fix.

12. Relik thread starter macrumors newbie

rickyd,

Please email me if you want to figure out what is wrong. If your personal cert was injected properly, I can assure you it works. Some people have have messed up the push notification service with previous push fixes. Worst case you may have to restore your phone, although that should only be in extreme cases.

For example, I worked with luxus personally because he had trouble and it was because he had installed several prior certs and still had the wrong cert installed.

I am working on a Cydia package today that will download the key from a keyserver and automatically install. This will require sending me your UDID at purchase. I don't have any idea when it will be ready, but hopefully soon.

I have been using 3 generated certs on 3 iphones I own for two weeks without a problem. The push service is not 100% guaranteed, but it does get a message through about 99% of the time.

13. rickyd macrumors newbie

i'm sorry! your solution does indeed work. it was just a problem with my aim beta i think. trying an other app the push notifications works correctly. as you said the notifications come through like 99% of the time. the missing 1% is probably an issue on apples part.

thanks for the solution! i can only recommend it!!

p.s. will this solution continue to work for me or do i have to buy the cydia package?

14. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Did anyone get this to work who didn't post their first and only posts in this thread? ;)

For all you skeptics out there.

15. jmchicago macrumors member

i can confirm that this works with push email.. so far so good! very promising, thanks for the fix!!

16. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

+1

Waiting for some established members to chime in here.

17. Relik thread starter macrumors newbie

Rickyd : You will not have to buy the cydia app/package. My current thinking is that I will send out 8-12 character alphanumeric strings to type into the cydia app so that it downloads your unique key from my keyserver and installs.

Sparrky and other established members
    I wish some established members would have joined in the beta instead of assuming it was some kind of scam. Unfortunately, this forum seems to have no PM or I would have invited you.

Goodeye & chstr : I believe I sent certs to these two members. Did it work or not?

I'm thankful the mods here have given me a chance. At the hackint0sh forums, they won't even approve my post.

If a longstanding member or mod wants a review cert to help give more validity to this, then send me some kind of credentials and I'll get one out to you. If you are an iPhone blogger, I will also consider sending a cert for review. -edit PM me.

I've already got a bunch of satisfied customers, although not all of them posted here. I actually don't want a whole lot of sales until I get the Cydia package ready.

18. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

got the zip file but when I went to terminal to enter the info as it says to do on your site it tells me the file isnt found? Am I downloading it correctly?

19. Relik thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, I forgot about something. I disabled "safefiles" on my Mac a long time ago. I don't like it automatically doing things without asking. Hence, my instructions reflected my environment and I'll have to fix them.

Seeing as it's a zip file, Safari probably unzipped it on it's own. So if you are on Leopard, you can probably

cd Downloads

and then

cd keys

If you already had a keys directory, it may be called something else. Once you find the directory with "inject" in it, continue the instructions at the "scp" line.

20. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I just think you need a little more exposure if you want people to pay for it. That means doing what you're trying to do. Get some established members or bloggers to try it for free and then they can recommend it.

I'd try myself but I'm on AT&T so I have no need. :/ Good luck!

21. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

Well I don't know if I would be considered an established member but I just paid via Paypal and will report on how the process goes.

I have a 2G on Tmobile 3.1 software

22. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

Update, just about an hour later I have received my keys. Installing now.

23. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Relik was kind enough to send me a cert to test this out and I can verify that IT WORKS! :D I have a 3G running 3.0 on T-Mobile.

I've been testing it with Yahoo Messenger, GPush, and i.TV and all three have pushed flawlessly. Super easy and quick install, too. I definitely recommend this fix!

Excellent job, Relik. :D

24. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

Keys installed fine, just remember to set Auto-Lock to never so you don't lose your SSH connection.

Would have liked the instructions on the website to be text instead of pictures so I could have copied and pasted, but that is OK. CAPS matter so watch your typing.

Tried with AIM and set a few sports alerts, so far so good!!