Need a display for movie editing..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by salacious, Mar 28, 2012.

1. salacious, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

salacious macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I have a macbook pro 2011 13" i5, im going to be shooting some film as in a movie soon and need to add a display to my line up, i could use my LG tv which has pretty good colours however my gf has somehow claimed a stack in the Alpha role for what i can and cant use so iv been told to use my own monitor despite the tv being mine.

any suggestions apart from reclaiming my authority in ways that represent chuck norris?

I would need a hdmi connection and around 22-24 inches, price preferably around £2-300

2. simsaladimbamba

With "shooting film" do you mean you will shoot photos on film or shoot a movie on film or that you will shoot a film on video?
    What is your budget and have you looked at the Dell Ultrasharp series, which has some IPS displays?

Why would you "NEED" a HDMI connection? Anyway, for your edited budget this could work.

3. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shooting videos i mean.. il update info

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i have this and its been great for me Samsung BX2450

5. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

cant find this in any uk shop? also says that theres a problem with hdmi connection which produces a letterbox style which means you lose screen space.. not really ideal? unless you have had different experience with hdmi?

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i use mini display port to hdmi adapter to connect to my MBP and the image on the monitor is not letterboxed anywhere not on the desktop, not full screen apps, not full screen video

can you link where you seen this? im interested in what it says than I can test what they are talking about