Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

k3roro

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
Got my MounTek, it's decent for what it does.

I just find it pain to put on / take away after every use, but not everyone do this, I do it because I'm afraid ti sends the wrong signal to potential car thieves.

Heateris

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2011
SEPA
I went with a Proclipusa mounting plate with a proclipusa tilt swivel with pass through connector mount. It looks like they don't make a mounting plate for your car, but you might be able to give them a call and see what they can do. When/if you find a plate, I highly recommend their mounts. Here is an OLD picture with a DICE unit to play through my stereo's aux input using the proclipusa plate:

The proclip mount with pass through allows you to drop in your phone and charge (or in my case play through the stereo) even with many types of cases like the apple bumper and feather type thin cases.

Nice interior, see you on AZ! :)

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
The proclip mount with pass through allows you to drop in your phone and charge (or in my case play through the stereo) even with many types of cases like the apple bumper and feather type thin cases.
Just to clarify, the passthrough allows you to do so but it only has a pass through dock connector. You'd need to supply the dock connector cable with audio, power, etc.

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
Just to clarify, the passthrough allows you to do so but it only has a pass through dock connector. You'd need to supply the dock connector cable with audio, power, etc.

Yes. There are several mounts they provide that also plug into your cigarette lighter if you don't have a kit that charges and plays through your stereo.

smoothshot

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014

Attachments

• SuctionMounteEbay.jpg
    SuctionMounteEbay.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 65
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.