Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I got a Nano for Christmas and with a best buy gift card, I bought an iTrip with Dock Connector (this model. Well before I had a shuffle, and I had the AirPlay and, while the reception wasn't perfect, it was nice and loud. I could jack up the volume on the shuffle and hear it nice and clear. With the iTrip, the volume on the Nano does nothing and its so quiet I have to crank my stereo. I've decided to take the iTrip back and get another transmitter.

Now, what do people suggest I get? The one thing I really liked about the iTrip DC was that you could switch it to "international" and get to radio stations below 88.1. The AirPlay couldn't do that, so I couldn't get a really clear channel. I've seen some neat ones where you could mount your iPod, which would be great, but I want to make sure they sound good too. Cost isn't all that much a problem (although I'd like it to cost less than the iPod itself :p) And being able to adjust the volume would be great too. Any ideas?

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
I got a cheap one with my nano and it was horrid. Bought the nano just for work(Im a cable guy) and I still haven't it used it other than the first day i had it, kind of depressing. Was the itrip you had digital?

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
amemoryoncelost said:
I got a cheap one with my nano and it was horrid. Bought the nano just for work(Im a cable guy) and I still haven't it used it other than the first day i had it, kind of depressing. Was the itrip you had digital?

erm, I suppose it was... It plugged into the dock connector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.