Need a Good PDF Editor iPad APP ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by augustya, Jun 20, 2016.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Hi Guys,

Need suggestion on a Good PDF Editor iPad APP which can delete text from the PDF file, insert Text in that Place, Delete pages in between the PDF File, Convert the PDF File to word format etc. Anything that comes up top at the suggestion list ?

Thanks in Advance !

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you are doing that much editing of a PDF file, isn't it better to just convert it to .doc format? Isn't the point of PDF that it acts like printed paper, so it can't be changed?

3. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

That's precisely the point of PDF, immutable layout. PDF editors are hacks because PDF does not retain things like paragraph information. OpenOffice/LibreOffice can edit PDF for example but each line in a paragraph is separate and so edits break line flows without a lot of messing around.

I suppose it might be possible given an ideally generated PDF and a lot of heuristics but I've never come across one, even on desktop, that gives good results. If anyone news of one I'd be very interested.

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Adobe Reader, with a subscription, will convert PDF to .doc, though so will a lot of other apps, both free and paid. Expect to lose some formatting, though, epecially if the PDF has a complex layout.

As others have said, PDF is basically electronic paper. It's not really a format that's meant to be edited.

Removing pages is easy, and nearly any PDF viewer/annotation can do that. I personally like PDF Expert and GoodNotes.

5. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

I am saying what if I want to work on PDF files created by others, look I know a PDF file is a printed paper but I don't have a control on to tell others that please don't create a PDF file send me a word document instead. So I need a PDF editor to edit PDF files created by others.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In that case, you should convert your PDF to doc, then edit.

7. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

It still seems to me that you may be solving the wrong problem but that's up to you.If you search "Convert PDF to Word" the App Store has a number of apps that claim to fit the bill and a few look quite reputable.

8. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You can try the app PDF Office. It's subscription-based, and hasn't been updated in quite a while, but one of its signature features is being able to edit PDFs and create PDF forms. In addition to replicating the functionality of most of the other Readdle apps (scanning pdfs, converting documents to pdfs, annotating on them).

I don't think you can convert pdf files to word documents (the desktop version of PDF Pen can).

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

GoodReader can do most everything you want. It can convert ocr text to plain text which can be copied to a document. You can delete or reorganize pages. Merge, split, append. Create new files. It's also a fairly decent general purpose file manager. Well worth the money imo

10. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

That is not the same as converting a PDF File to Word Document. Right ? is it ?

11. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

PDF Pen from Smile Software is a good choice.

https://smilesoftware.com/pdfpen-ios

There is an OCR option, but I think it is an extra purchase. Their apps are not cheap, but worth the cost if you need these features. It syncs to your other devices, including your Mac, as well.

12. jdechko macrumors 68040

It's not the same, no. I guess it has a lot to do with your intentions. If you just have normal text without a lot of formatting, it might not be an issue. But I can see it being a problem if you had a lot of complex formatting to retain.

13. nfable macrumors regular

nfable

14. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Whoa ! This APP is super expensive at $19.99 I wonder what it offers so special which other APP's are giving it at half the price.

15. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Well, expensive is a matter of perspective. I remember the early days paying hundreds of dollars for Adobe Acrobat (which is still expensive today). So $20 seems like a relative bargain. :cool:

16. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

Go PDF Office, its excellent and will do what you want.

17. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Hasn't been updated in almost two years. That's a no-no for me, others may disagree.

18. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

Interesting, I actually didn't check that, the App did what I needed and did the things the OP wanted, but you raise a good point, I can't stand apps that are noticably out of date and/or don't get regular updates!

19. Andy847 macrumors regular

Andy847

I just had to do this the other day and I have good reader and it did what I wanted, but had a hard time finding out how to change size of the text I was inputing to the pdf file. So I did some research and actually found a better app to delete and replace text. It's PDF expert. it was $9.99, but was able to white out the text in the document I needed to change, then go back and replace it with text of what I needed replacing it in the file. I could change the font, the font size, and I can barely tell the difference from the original file. Looked much better than the changes done with Good Reader. PDF Expert gets great reviews also, so you might want to try it.