Need a great quality mic on earbuds

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by webwbr, May 22, 2012.

1. webwbr macrumors member

I know there are many posts about earbuds, but I'm specifically looking for feedback on earbuds with a GREAT INLINE MIC. I need to use these to make business calls and thus far three headsets have not preformed well with the mic on an iPhone 4s (some cheap no-name brand, Logitech UE 350vm, Sony MDR-EX38iP). I don't want to spend a ton of $, but if I could justify the cost $100 is doable. Below is a short list I'm curious about, any insights on these in terms of mic quality?

-- Bose IE2 (~$117)
    -- Shure SE115m+ (~$120)
    -- a-JAYS (~$80)
    -- Klipsch Image S4i (~$100)

Scosche has also hit my radar screen so any thoughts on those are welcome too. Of course any other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/suggestions.

Webwbr

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

I use my Skullcandy 50/50 for business calls and have had zero issues yet!

BB has'em for $49.99 or 59.99 ; Amazon has'em for $35-$43 ; and, don't laugh, Michaels [if you have any around] has'em for $24.99 !!

3. grafftillidie macrumors newbie

I have a pair of Soul by Ludacris S49s. They retail around $70. The call quality is phenomenal and instead of the mic being on the yoke it is located inline with the right ear bud so it rests near your mouth in a more normal position.

4. webwbr thread starter macrumors member

Thanks... I may go by a Michaels and pick one up for $25. I must admit... I didn't see that one coming!

----------

So I'm now trying a pair of Monster (I know, I know) N-ergy headphones. They were $60 at Fry's. If they don't work I'm going to try a-jay's Four (as Fry's has those in stock too).

Of course the Michael's advice on the Skull Candy above is interesting too!

thanks everyone. I'll update if I find the perfect pair.