Need a guide on setting up Apple Time Capsule 2TB for optimal settings w/Vuze..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lip5016, Sep 26, 2014.

1. lip5016 macrumors regular

Hello. I was wondering if anybody can provide me with an updated/recent guide on setting up an Apple Time Capsule 2TB for optimal speed settings w/Vuze..?

I've found some information on Google regarding the topic, however, much of the information is outdated and features options that are no longer in certain menu screens.. Just want to make sure that I get the most out of my Vuze connection..

Can anybody provide a more recent/updated guide on optimizing a 2TB Apple Time Capsule for optimal speed settings with Vuze? Thanks!

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

So you want to use the Time Capsule as a Bit Torrent destination, am I correct?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I assume you are talking about opening ports for this?

Vuze uses UPnP / NAT-PMP, so it should automatically open whatever ports you need when it is running and you don't need to do anything to the TC.

4. lip5016 thread starter macrumors regular

Something like that

----------

Interesting.. Well besides all the ports, I know there are some older "guides" on which settings to select in Vuze so that you get the maximum download speeds possible.. Any one?

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I believe the Time Capsule is not designed like that. It seems what you want is an external device to automate your torrent downloads/uploads and have that download waiting for you when you wake up. You need some like a server or smart NAS.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Go to a speedtest site to find to your Internet upload speed, then use that speed in this calculator to get optimum Vuze (Azureus) settings. Is that what you are after?

7. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

8. lip5016 thread starter macrumors regular

9. SlCKB0Y, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Vuze is one of the most grotesquely bloated pieces of software I've ever seen and transmission is one of the most efficient and elegant.