OK, so I have some decisions to make and would like to hear some input... Right now I have a Dual G5 1.8 that I bought last May with a 20" Cinema Display I bought just a few weeks ago. I am a Mac consultant for a living, my main services are AppleScript, FileMaker, Web Design, Training and Help Desk stuff. Apps I use daily consist of Apple Remote Desktop, Script Editor, FileMaker Pro, Photoshop/Illustrator, BBEdit, along with Quickbooks, DayLite and Billings for running my business. I also do a fair amount of audio editing with SoundTrack Pro and some other apps. The power of the G5 is awesome and for certain tasks I feel it definitely helps me out. However, I am heading out into the field to see clients more and more and it's getting to the point where I NEED to have a laptop on me when I'm out of the office. I've also got some significant back/nerve problems going on and being at the desk all day is making it rapidly worse. Basically I have nerve compression happening and am losing the use of my right arm, hopefully not permanently. Using the mouse and keyboard at the desk really puts pressure on me in the wrong spots. So anyway, it's clear I need a portable. I had a 15" TiBook a few years back, which I liked but it was very slow and a little big and flimsy for my taste. I had the Rev A 12" PowerBook after that, I loved its size but it was underpowered at the time and rather hot and the AirPort reception was weak. I bought an iBook last year which I only kept for a month before selling it. I liked the size but not the looks or the keyboard and it felt bulky after owning the 12" PowerBook. I had been waiting for the past PowerBook update and was seriously disappointed to see the 12" PowerBook get basically ignored. Pretty lame. I'm impressed with the 15" but I feel it is more valuable as a desktop replacement than a portable compliment to an existing desktop. If I had both the 15" and my Power Mac I would feel like it was overkill. Plus lugging the 15" might be kind of annoying for me when on the train and walking around the city. The 17" is out of the question, it's nice but I'm just not interested in it. Here are the options I've come up with... -Buy a current 12" iBook to hold me over till the Intels and give the iBook to my girlfriend at that point -Sell my Power Mac and Cinema display for $2200 (I got an offer already) and buy a 15" PowerBook for my main work machine and a mini w/cheap LCD for the home and so my girlfriend has a computer to use -Sell my Power Mac for $1500 (I got an offer alreay) but keep the display and buy a 12" iBook and a mini -Just bite the bullet and keep my Power Mac and Cinema and buy a portable to go with it and hope for the best While I don't exactly have money to burn and would like to do the economically right thing, the upside to this is that no matter what I do this will be written off as a legitimate business expense and tax deduction, which can ease the pain on big purchases. In light of this last update and the fact that the 12" PowerBook as we know it now has basically been abandoned by Apple, I am finding it REALLY hard to justify that extra $500 price over the 12" iBook. They are so similar at this point that I think I would feel suckered. I'm not planning to do any clamshell work or hook up to an external display so that feature is moot. The extra VRAM and HD speed in the 12" PowerBook are tempting and that is likely where most of the performance benefit would come from. The 15" is beautiful and very comfortable to work on but I know those Intels are just around the corner and I will be wanting one real bad when they are released, and would hate to frown upon my recently purchased $2000 laptop. As I said I am a Mac consultant so I am already very familiar with the pros and cons of all the machines. Really just looking to hear some outside opinions and thoughts. And if any of you are doing similar work and using similar apps etc it would be especially helpful to hear your input. Thanks for any help and sorry for the long post.