Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Hi there,

Before my iPhone was stolen I was using CapsuleNeo, I liked it but found it a bit too bulky.

So, I'm now looking into two cases: the Nude and the Vulcan.

I'd like a case that's slides easily in and out of my jeans pockets. I'd like it to have glass-side protection (like a little lip so the glass and chrome is directly touching the surface it's placed on). And most of all it has to be as slim and lightweight as possible.

I have to say that I'm leaning towards the Vulcan because it combines good protection with (what seems to be) a nice thin, lightweight design.

So basically is the Vulcan a thin case? And does it have a nice slip in the pocket texture.

Thanks in advance,

snverhallen

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA
Since you're mentioning the Vulcan and the neo, I'm assuming you're still usiong a 3G/3Gs, not an iPhone 4.

Based on that, I personally would use the Vulcan, in the transparent black color. The Vulcan isn't the thinnest case out there, but it doesn't add very much bulk to the iPhone. It's made from TPU not silicon, and is similar to the iSkin solo in that it holds it's shape, provides some protection from drops, and has a smooth outer tecture. This makes it very easy to take in and out of pockets and it doesn't attract fuz and lint like plain silicone cases do. If you don't want another Capsule neo, I'd get the Vulcan. Stay away from the completely clear one tho- it tends to discolor to a yellow tint from dirt and oils from your skin. I haven't heard of the black tinted one doing this.

I don't know much about the Nude for the iPhone 3G/3GS, but I have had a bad experience with the Nude for the iPhone 4. It is just a thin hard plastic shell, and for the iPhone 4 it didn't fit very well. Also, the transparent versions scratch easily and show dust between the case and the phone.

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Since you're mentioning the Vulcan and the neo, I'm assuming you're still usiong a 3G/3Gs, not an iPhone 4.

Based on that, I personally would use the Vulcan, in the transparent black color. The Vulcan isn't the thinnest case out there, but it doesn't add very much bulk to the iPhone. It's made from TPU not silicon, and is similar to the iSkin solo in that it holds it's shape, provides some protection from drops, and has a smooth outer tecture. This makes it very easy to take in and out of pockets and it doesn't attract fuz and lint like plain silicone cases do. If you don't want another Capsule neo, I'd get the Vulcan. Stay away from the completely clear one tho- it tends to discolor to a yellow tint from dirt and oils from your skin. I haven't heard of the black tinted one doing this.

I don't know much about the Nude for the iPhone 3G/3GS, but I have had a bad experience with the Nude for the iPhone 4. It is just a thin hard plastic shell, and for the iPhone 4 it didn't fit very well. Also, the transparent versions scratch easily and show dust between the case and the phone.

Thanks for the advice. Would you say that the Vulcan is thinner than the CapsuleNeo, or is it closer to the Nude's thinness?

snverhallen

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA
Thanks for the advice. Would you say that the Vulcan is thinner than the CapsuleNeo, or is it closer to the Nude's thinness?

snverhallen

nude is the thinnest, I'm not sure about the Neo, but I think the vulcan falls somewhere in between.

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
The Vulcan was an alright case. Minimal protection and thickness though. The CapsuleNeo was my favorite Switcheast case. And I had them all.

nivekr11

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
I use to use Switcheasy, then I found the SGP Ultra Hybrid. That was my favorite 3GS case. If i had to pick a Switcheasy, I would pick the Vulcan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.