Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nebulos

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2010
core ix >>> core 2 duo

might also want to consider screens; i ordered a high res 2010 2.4 i5 15" for $1399; you have to wait for it and act fast though. they fly.

Miss Terri

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
US East Coast
core ix >>> core 2 duo

might also want to consider screens; i ordered a high res 2010 2.4 i5 15" for $1399; you have to wait for it and act fast though. they fly.

Although for the stated uses of e-mail, research, and word processing, keep in mind that although you will have more screen "real estate" all of the words/characters will be smaller. And without resolution independence, there is really no nice, system-wide way to enlarge things. For that reason, I choose standard resolution. I basically look at words and numbers 75% of the time, and having them be small is tiresome (even though I can see them fine).

To each their own, and I can see where many people would prefer the high-res, but I don't think it's an automatic "best" choice for everyone. (Not that you specifically said it was, but I often notice it suggested as the "ultimate" choice.)

Miss Terri

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.